Spending £1000 on a climbing frame

Mental or a good investment that they'll play on for 10 years?

Frame in question is this: 

https://adventurezone.co.uk/product/climbing-frames/jungle-gym-climbing-frames/jungle-gym-frames/jungle-gym-cottage/

with some bolt on modules (swing and picnic table)

Also presuming i'll need to spend £250 on some bloke to put this up for me.

We did it and don't regret it.  If its open like that its feasible to do it yourself but not exactly pleasant especially if you're looking at a 9 ft swing arm. 

Hardest bit for me was that the bottom bit of ours is enclosed and nobody tells you before you start that there were zero fvcking tolerances so you need everything loose while you jam in the bottom panels, not a firmly assembled structure that you discover when you're 98% there that you can't get the last few panels to actually fit without undoing virtually everything a bit...

Also depends how old the sprogs are and if there are plans for more.  We got it when the eldest was 3 and she still plays on it and enjoys it 3 years later.  With a 4 year gap to the youngest that is at least 7 years of use so feels a bit less horrific wallet wise and the kids do love it.

Eurgh. Ok. Serious advice: a swing keeps 'em interested longer. So get a good swing and any bolt ons to that are bonus. If you have the space I'd go for a swing and a trampoline. They get done with slides after age 6 or so.

Hang on, this is just a grand ffs, you’re hardly remortgaging for it.  Christ that’s a couple of decent meals out with decent wine for two.  Just buy it and if they like it great, if not get them a Nintendo.

Yes Judy, but then you add on the triple swing, a rope net for climbing up one side and a climbing wall on another side.  Chuck in some plastic telescopes, periscopes and a phone and you easily get up to a grand.

Ok so that is a meal for two with a good bottle of wine, cocktails before and a decent postprandial cognac and cigars and a service charge at the Savoy Grill. 

Ffs man, do it.

Why would you need to spend £250 for some bloke to assemble it?

Just ask your wife's tennis instructor to assemble it next time he's round.

Maybe the kids' father is too lazy?

Welly clearly is.
*ba doom tish*

Some serious advice, as I have kids a little older than yours (but not too much) from the sounds of things:

- save money on the slide and go for a cheaper one in the range. As mentioned above they grow out of it quickly and it doesn't get used much.

- the swing part will be loved and used often, even by the older kids. As would a trampoline. Monkey bars are also surprisingly well-liked and used often.

- The sand pit at the bottom won't get used after the first month. Cats will poo in it, and it'll be a dirty fly filled sodden mess.

- any frame with a high bit will be a winner. My kids still use ours, even to climb up into and just sit in. The climbing wall bit and net are a good plan. As are the telescope accessories - keeps them entertained when younger.

- check out the TP Toys range. Some ace stuff.