Petition to Revoke Art. 50 Adding 100 Signatures Every Three Seconds .......

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Currently at about 290K, started less than two days ago.  

Why would anyone *not* be desperate to stop this clusterfook?

The "endgame" might be a disaster capitalists wet dream for you but it's just a disaster to the rest of us.

people who claim to have voted remain that I don't believed voted remain :-

1. TMPM

2. Magic grandpa

3 ROF's clubman 

I am tired of this Brexit mess, Brexit Brexit Brexit, mps playing political games, arcane political procedure, Theresa speaks for me.

walks off funny walk falls over.

I think now it is Theresa’s fault (having given her benefit of doubt for a long time).

she says she is determined to deliver Brexit but she has now become the obstacle to it rather than the driver.

someone else ( without her red lines) should let Parliament decide the terms.

It will be a long extension in a special summit on Thursday. May will be merely interim this time next week. The ridiculous speech last night was the final nail in the coffin of her political career.

There are only two types of people left that genuinely support Brexit (rather than doggedly sticking by what they voted because they think accepting it's a mistake looks weak - sadly the prime minister is one of these people)

people with nothing to lose who just want to bring everything else down 

people who know it will be bad for everyone else but think it will be good for them 

I might save this map so that if I ever consider moving back to the UK I can focus my search on the constituencies which are currently dark red. Tells you everything you need to know really.

Looks like Heidi Allen's seat is safe.

You missed a third category, which probably covers several million:

Those who know it will be hard in the short-term, but will suffer it because it's the right thing to do

If you define "short term" as the next 50 years, you might be right. Unfortunately most of us will be dead or senile by then, and in the meantime we'll have condemned our children to a working lifetime of economic misery.

I would so love to see LA losing his job due to brexit

Spiteful.

I don't wish to see any of you unemployed by Brexit. Have any of you actually been threatened with unemployment by Brexit?

Unless you happen to work in a car plant in Corby I highly f*cking doubt it.

well the odd finance lawyer in londres may find himself redundant in the mid-term

and in general, consensus is that the legal profession will suffer, as will many other professions

A friend of mine had to close his business due to Brexit and make every single one of his staff redundant (in an area where decent jobs are few and far between).

"A friend of mine had to close his business due to Brexit and make every single one of his staff redundant (in an area where decent jobs are few and far between)."

How was is "due to Brexit"? 

Because his business model was essentially "selling a particular product, 90% of which are manufactured in the US, to consumers".

After six months the fookedness of the GBP-USD exchange rate meant he had to put his prices up to a level where his customers could no longer afford to buy them.

No, unfortunately not. All very well to say it's "not a sustainable business model", but the fact is that if you sell essentially one product, and those products are not made in the UK, you are always going to be vulnerable to exchange rate risk.

This risk has never crystalised in the past because the pound has historically been a strong currency.

I'm pretty sure what when he set the business up, a good ten years beforehand, he didn't think, "I'm not going to exploit this business opportunity to sell these products in the UK, for which there is a consumer demand, in case future political events completely fook our currency and render my business model unsustainable".

Why would he?

He was running a small business. None of them make tons of profit but it was enough to make a living and employ four people for a decade. Brexit put paid to that.

Of course I agree political uncertainty is bad for business but you and I prob have different ideas how to resolve that.

Manufacturers also get hit badly by a weaker £ if they import parts, at least short term. 

I guess if you don't actually need a guitar then a 15-20% increase in price might be the difference between it being a luxury you can afford and a luxury you can't afford.

Interestingly the financial crisis didn't have that effect on his business at all.

"Meanwhile the odds on a no deal brexit tumble again, now just 3/1"

If you had taken my advice the other day to put your money where your mouth was you could have cashed out now and doubled your money

I hope the MPs of the constituencies with higher than average sign up to the petition are crunching the maths against their majorities, and thinking about their position very carefully 

no it is deffo 1 million real people voting just once all in the UK. 

Uh huh, yep really is. 

but then even if it was... 

*looks in bovvered bag*

nope sorry 

nuffink

It'll be interesting to see how many people manage to march multiple times as well.

Next thing you know Farage will be complaining that remain voters have cloned themselves in order to commit electoral fraud.

It’s only an online petition, but gettting on for a million votes in only just over 24 hours is big.  Red Nose Day big.  Bigger than Test Cricket or Six Nations Rugby big.