Nissan cutting 12,500 jobs worldwide

*points and laughs at brexit voters in Sunderland*

Yeah no one buys cars anymore and no will be making them in the future.... 

https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/release-0a3c17000171b2fc662bfd35f701ec00

ssan Motor Co. Ltd. sold 5,816,278 vehicles worldwide, up 4.6 percent, and shared details of Nissan M.O.V.E. to 2022, the company’s six-year strategic plan. 
In the USA and China in 2017, the company achieved sales growth of 1.9 percent and 12.2 percent respectively. Infiniti sold 246,492 vehicles in 2017, an increase of 7 percent from the previous year.

Everyone is "green" against cars, wants car sharing, wants uber, wants hardly anycars on the roads.

Plus, more and more machines doing the jobs of people.

Still

Must be Brexit.

Laughable.

Wibble you understand the meaning of the words "long" and "slow" don't you?  Not suggesting the car industry will be gone next year but certainly as we know it it has decades left if it's lucky.

Only a complete idiot would blame this on Brexit its a worldwide trend.

Equally only a complete idiot would try and claim that Nisson will not consider Brexit uncertainty and potential tariffs into the EU when rationalizing their EU production.

Alternatively they may take the view that there will be a post Brexit boom and everyone in the UK will want a new Nissan.

"woldwide"

Yeah must be coz of Brexit. 

Not the brightest are you. I wonder who will be first on that list of "global" job cuts - workers based in one of the worlds biggest free trade areas or the ones on a shitty island where it costs twice as much to make things and they aren't able to export to Europe without huge tariffs

So Ducs, please help me on this real situation.

I have a US manufacturing client who is looking to expand into the Euro market and needs to set up a manufacturing facility, about 200 highly skilled tech jobs and another 200 less so.

At the moment the UK doesn't even make it on to the long list let alone the short one.

Very simply, what should I say to them to persuade them that they should consider the UK.

Their main concerns are tariffs as any tariff eats into the profit and the whole idea of manufacturing in the EU is to convert the tariff to profit.

It looks very much like Sunderland wont be hit by job cuts as:

1. The biggest drop in sales worldwide are in Japan and US.

2. Their Infiniti brand is being withdrawn from western europe because it doesn't sell.

3. It has nothing to do with Brexit.