award ceremonies , legal 500 entries, do you ever attend them , and how seriously do you view legal 500 entries

never been to an award ceremony, I imagine they become boring as they go on for ever and ever.

Not been to legal awards but have been to others and indeed they are interminable and dull especially if you have no particular connection to the proceedings.

I'm trying to get myself into one of the Chambers directories just so I can say I did it.

Only attended award ceremonies when I or my team have been nominated. They're a bit snoozers once your category has passed.

As for Legal 500, meh. I have a copy of Chambo & Partners on the bookshelf, but the Editors never quote my references - despite my using ever more imaginative metaphors and colourful language. 

Awards ceremonies - totally depends on which comedian they get to do it...

I've been to ones with Dara O'Briain and Rob Brydon and they were funny. I've been to another with a comedian that was less memorable too

Tedious bollix driven by desperate marketing departments anxious to show that they do any work.

Hosted by some naff E list celeb or newsreader who clearly doesn’t give a monkeys about who won Top Telecoms Restructuring Team award.

It’s funny when you look at the celebrities face  after they have handed out the 50th gong , they look bored silly , with painted on smiles .

whats the food and drink like , I imagine the Lawyer awards serve nice fancy food ?

It’s funny when you look at the celebrities face  after they have handed out the 50th gong , they look bored silly , with painted on smiles .

whats the food and drink like , I imagine the Lawyer awards serve nice fancy food ?

The food at the Lawyer awards last year was pretty decent considering it was catering for that many people...

Drink is entirely up to the table host - you pay extra for that. House wine was drinkable but unremarkable.