Are you a NZ-qualified lawyer thinking about returning home? Or are you a lawyer with expertise in the areas of Banking & Finance or Corporate/Commercial and thinking about relocating to NZ? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About Simpson Grierson
We’re an Employer of Choice, and one of New Zealand’s largest leading law firms with over 300 people across offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
A firm of true specialists, we are passionate about delivering high-value, pragmatic legal advice and client service. We’re also extremely proud of our inclusive culture, our commitment to pro bono work, and our innovative approach to looking after our people and clients. We build everything we do around our strong values: putting people first, at our best and being energetic for change.
To learn more about what it’s like to work at Simpson Grierson, visit: www.simpsongrierson.com
At Simpson Grierson you will find:
- Fantastic, high quality work for prominent clients where you get to be involved in some of the biggest deals and projects in NZ and internationally
- Great mentors, training, learning and development opportunities to help you be the best
- An award-winning, supportive and connected culture
- An ongoing commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace
- An extensive wellbeing programme, flexible and hybrid working, and excellent parental leave benefits
- A strong focus on pro bono, sustainability and giving back to the community.
You’re starting to think about coming home to Aotearoa or are looking for an opportunity to start your life in NZ and advance your legal career. For those returning to NZ, we are interested in most practice areas. For those interested in migrating to NZ, we are particularly interested in Banking & Finance and Corporate/Commercial lawyers, with anywhere from 2-10 years’ PQE. However if you’re keen to move, it’s worth getting in touch to discuss, whatever your level or area of expertise.
We are an Immigration NZ Accredited Employer, which means we can hire migrants on the Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV). There is a new, streamlined system in place for applications for AEWVs and we are finding the process is quick and simple, taking around a month. For successful migrant applicants, we pay relocation costs and we pay for the requalification process in NZ, along with providing time off for study and exams as needed.
Get in touch
Our Chair of the Board, Anne Callinan and Corporate Partner, James Hawes will be in London in June and would love to meet you for a confidential chat and to answer any questions you have about life at Simpson Grierson and what it’s like to live in NZ. To arrange, please email Jackie, our Recruitment Manager: [email protected]