Party Wall Agreement

Assuming your neighbour is happy for you to do a private photographic schedule of condition, is there any reason to spend £200 on a standard letter or are they relatively simple to do?

If he's just taking photos, and not actually doing an invasive inspection, surely you just need verbal consent to enter the land for that purpose?

Maybe with a promise to share the folder?