So 160k people get to decide hard or soft Brexit

Glad we’ve taken control back from the unelected. 

#sovereignty

Clutching at straws now - is there ANY evidence that Boris is a natural negotiator or has ever compromised on anything? I mean, I’m assuming not, and I vividly remember his terms as mayor, but hoping some kind soul might have a less alarming view to calm the nerves?

Er, let's face it, they're not exactly conservative anymore either.

Time for a rebrand. The Reckless w**kers' Party? 

Nah, sounds too like a shit hipster band. 

Mrs May has shown that hard work is over-rated when you're the boss.

Anyone that has worked near him will know that Boris doesn't even bother to pretend he is anything other than a self-serving, ruthless predator with a disdain for getting himself involved in the fine detail.

Put it another way, and to quote Office Space, "Boy he’s just a straight shooter with upper management written all over him."

He'll probably do quite well, get us past this drama, and then be booted out one way or another (he'd love that, another comparison with Churchill!).

If you're upset about this blame the MPs that failed to get the withdrawal agreement through. 650 of them had an opportunity to choose how to deal with Brexit and they fvcked it up spectacularly.

Erm... OK.

Nearly all of those 650 MPs were entirely frozen out of the process until Theresa May had a deal she wanted them to vote on. So when you say they had an opportunity to choose how to deal with Brexit, what you mean is they had an opportunity (or, rather, several opportunities) to vote on the deal that Theresa May had negotiated on her own, following precisely zero consultation or compromise with opposition parties.

Indeed Lady P. If only they’d had some idea of who the other 649 people were who were going to have had a vote on this.

If we made it public who our MPs were then they’d have the full array of modern communications technology, not to mention frequent physical proximity, at their disposal. They could have come together with like minded individuals and formed a majority for something rather than just having to wait to be asked to vote on something by TMPM.

I demand an immediate public inquiry and a change to the law to unveil who these shadowy figures actually are. 

It's all very well being sarky, but those MPs had no input into the negotiations. Yes, they could have been more proactive in working out what they wanted to happen, and what there might be a parliamentary majority for, but it's of limited use if the prime minister in charge of the negotiations isn't going to take any of it into account.

Indeed. But the point is there was something they could have done and they still haven’t bothered / been able to. 

Negotiations aside there still isn’t a majority in favour of anything. If we end up in a hard Brexit it will be just as much the fault of the hard core Remainers refusing to compromise on a BRINO deal (which TMPM’s deal frankly is given the inability to ever deal with the Irish border). 

Pushing to a position where it is no deal or no Brexit is a risky move and if we end up with no deal the no Brexit lot should be castigated just as hard as anyone else for the ensuing chaos. 

It's not BRINO given that the deal didn't even guarantee full access to the single market and customs union, and we are all losing our right to free movement.

I mean, you're basically saying the MPs should have all just voted for the very shit deal without question, rather than considering the impact that deal would have on the country.

It is BRINO given it would have meant cutting off NI or else ending up with single market, CU etc. in order to meet the hard border questions.  I get that there is some uncertainty, but I think TMPM's deal inevitably leads to BRINO (even though that isn't what it says on the face).

And I have no issues with the MPs questioning the very shit deal.  But I think having done so and with it having become obvious that there is no other option which commands the support of a majority - I think it is incredibly reckless to carry on running the risk of a no deal in the hopes that Bercow can indefinitely prevent it by abusing parliamentary process.

I'm not even sure a second ref is a great outcome given that even on an optimistic side you've probably got no deal on the ballot.  It isn't as if there won't be Russian interference or lies from the Brexit side if we run it again.

Well Miller has ruled out the PM revoking without Parliament hasn't it?  Wouldn't be constitutional so wouldn't be effective.

And I agree in part Heff, but its accepted shorthand for an actually achievable position.

I'm not sure being pro-revocation is any less voting for Unicorns and cake than the options which are currently described that way.

I like where Hunt is coming from tbf. He changed his mind when he saw how utterly unreasonable the European Commission was being lol.

That said, since he's not been completely consistently clear (and as he's a politician after all) I'd have to go for the other guy on this occasion.

He changed his mind when he realised that being a swivel eyed loon was the best way to gain the support of the swivel eyed loons who like to pretend they are not swivel eyed loons within the Tory Party.

His change of heart has got fook all to do with Brexit and everything to do with his own ambitions. Amazed you're taken in by it.

Fair point, but most of them are smart enough to realise that the mere pursuit of power isn't enough, and that if you completely fook up the country once you're leading it, the history books won't portray you in the way you might have liked.

That's why this shit show is so entertaining. Can't wait to see BJ crash and burn.

charm, a bit of eloquence and some zingy ideas and an air of confidence can carry you through most things successfully, even if you've not really put the effort in first.

Lady P - a unicorn Brexit is perfectly possible in law it just isn’t something that is going to get the support from the people it needs to in order to make it a reality. That seems pretty similar to the issue the revocation camp have - just a different set of people blocking it. 

Not so much when you're the person responsible for taking the UK out of the EU, Clubbers.

I'm not saying a bit of charm and zinginess wouldn't have helped Theresa May. But what was really needed was someone who took the time to appreciate the predicament we were in and didn't make rash promises without really understanding any of the detail.

Lady P - a unicorn Brexit is perfectly possible in law it just isn’t something that is going to get the support from the people it needs to in order to make it a reality. That seems pretty similar to the issue the revocation camp have - just a different set of people blocking it. 

So it's possible in law and impossible in fact, whereas revocation is possible in both fact and law. Glad we agree.

The real problem with May always was and is, that she didn't believe in BREXIT

History will condemn her as the worst PM in living memory, which she entirely deserves as it was no secret she didn't want to the thing that was the top priority in her inbox, and didn't that show 

sorry lolz m7, but anna’s got u pretty well cornered there

they r almost mutually exclusive.

asking for a brexter with a brain is like asking for a mammal with wings; there are barely any of them and the ones u can identify operate in the shadows, are blind to reality, change direction at a whisper and are justifiably associated with bloodsuckers of the night