£1,600 p/m for crap 1 bed in Hackney

The furnishings and paint job are her own. £19k a year for a tiny space with all the issues she lists.

Oh but Hackney, "the people, its creativity and its general vibe". Heh, no ta.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/15/what-i-rent-emma-1600-a-month-for-a-one-…

She clearly spent along time making it look just so for the photo shoot but unfortunately forgot to remove the childlike drawing of a cock and balls in photo 4.  Heh

content consultant

i'm so so far away from what the kids do these days

I think this is just what London rental prices are.  Surely most people without kids would prefer a small space somewhere they like hanging out than a house and garden in zone 6.

She advises on tasteful pictures and such like - like the sort of stuff you scribbled in text books as a kid...

Surely most people without kids would prefer a small space somewhere they like hanging out than a house and garden in zone 6.

Yes until they some day want to buy that house and.. oh shit they're broke.

And she is a bit crap at her job because the flat is way too co-ordinated and feels cold and clinical.  It needs more colour warmth and personality

The green sofa is also quite hideous. Will have seen some serious action tho so fair play.

Is she going to look back with regret at not saving her £$ and spending her youth in South Norwood?  Maybe I guess.

However the decor is clinical//Barrett homesy and the humblebrag blog title is so smug so I'm not going to spend time worrying about this.

Not sure how the crap internet is her landlord's fault...

What's with the random wall shelves filled with odd ceramics?

Is she going to look back with regret at not saving her £$ and spending her youth in South Norwood?  Maybe I guess.

Probably. I lived in poverty in a place I owned for 5 yrs, consequently my late 20s were shit. Now? No regrets.

Yes until they some day want to buy that house and.. oh shit they're broke.

She's splitting the rent (I assume) so is paying £800 per month. I don't know what world you're living in if you think it's possible to live tolerably in London for materially less than that.

Go to zone 6 and maybe she could get it down to £600 and just be paying the difference in train fares. 

£800 + bills, so prob £900 each. See your point but it's not leaving much for saving.

Hey @ Guy's observation.

These threads are a tedefest tho. Junior Lawyers' Real Estate Jealousy Club.

She could have our two bed period conversion in a leafty part of Zone 2, convenient for transport and all local amenities, for about the same.

The type of people who live in places like this are the same people who droan on abar the importance of collaboration in the office

”let’s all sit down and do some blue sky thinking abar thon NDA lad!”

• I used to swim at Hackney Lido.
  • Delightfully vibrant neighborhood.
  • All the downstairs windows have bars on them.

Lolz @ Dollapat’s #2&3 - the truth is sometimes where the humour is......

She is 35 going on 19.

And not just her childish ramblings.

Pretty sad by her age she appears to have literally nothing to show for herself.

If you were going to move to Devon to wfh, why the hell would you move to the middle of a city 

Because there's zero rental market out in the sticks, and I was trying to find something comparable in price.