Devon County Council are looking for experienced Child Care Lawyers to join the Legal team. This is a real chance to make a difference and discover a rewarding career helping to protect the welfare of vulnerable children.
You'll oversee the whole process of each case, from pre-proceedings through to completion of the final hearing. It's fast-paced and hard work at times, but having such a heavy influence means you'll play a huge role in ensuring successful outcomes for every child. Your contributions really can set up better lives for young people all across Devon. We're looking for somebody who can hit the ground running, so experience in child care law is essential.
What's in it for you? Aside from the fulfilling day-to-day job, you'll benefit from our pension scheme and Employee Assistance Programme. You'll be living and working in one of the most beautiful parts of country with the option to work from home when suitable. There are development opportunities in this role and potential to increase your annual leave based on years of service.
To find out more about legal services at Devon please visit: https://new.devon.gov.uk/workingfordevon/work-in/professional-and-support-roles/legal-services/
- Part of a large, well established team
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working Hours (Monday to Friday)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Development Opportunities
- Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme
- 20 Days Annual Leave rising incrementally to 28 based on number of years’ service (plus 3 statutory days over the Christmas Period, and Bank Holidays)
If you are relocating to Devon then you may be entitled to a relocation reimbursement package.
About the role
The main responsibilities include;
- Overseeing and managing a caseload
- Advise and representation at court, meeting and hearings as required
- Lead role in advising clients on the specialist aspects of Child Care law and practice
- Organise/participate in training events as appropriate and/or necessary.
If this opportunity interests you, get in touch today. We're looking to fill places as soon as possible. To apply, please visit www.devonjobs.gov.uk and search using reference REC/19/02841.
For an informal discussion please contact Andrew Yendole on 01392 382177 or Sara Smith on 01392 383000.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Closing date: 02/04/19.
Interview date 16/04/19.