White male privilege 1914-18
Unguided missile 26 Oct 18 14:07
Reply |

Very progressive to remove any celebration of male privilege which naturally overlooks contributions of women and ethnic minorities.

[a]https://news.sky.com/story/student-union-leader-vows-to-paint-over-firs…]

this is one of the problems with social media

in the old days if you said something stupid not many people heard and they soon forgot

now it gets broadcast all over the world

"Poor white men, they just have it sooooo hard. You've got to feel for them."

These particular "white men" were slaughtered on the battlefields of the Western Front, having witnessed unspeakable carnage, so...um, yeah.

My great grandfather rushed off 1914 - 16 as soon as he got the chance. Left his 2 step daughters and 8 of his children behind. I suspect avoiding the childcare and domestic work arising from 10 children meant a spot to time back in the army was probably was a bit of a break!

Perhaps we could commission a mural of all the wives left behind from those times.

Yeah, getting important parts of your anatomy blown off whilst sitting in a water filled, rat infested trench is definitely better than childcare.

Tccch! What are men like eh?

Heh. 

It’s like that Hillary Clinton quote from 2016 where she said something like “women suffer the most in any war” (not her exact words but it was something like that). 

Err..yes except for all the men getting blown up and crippled in the course of actually fighting the wars

The ability of the left now to express itself in such blindly idiotic terms of identity is a product of white men having fought and died for this right.

Unless there was no home leave or any other men around who weren’t at the front or they weren’t upduffed prior to the soldiers going (cos no soldier ever shagged his missus wildly before going off on a tour).

*smacks head on table*

I read in the Times today that as of December, women will be able to serve in all different roles of HM's military for the first time.  Huzzah.  

I will continue to avoid so doing.  fck that tbh.