RoF Christmas Drinks - Friday 14th December 2018

You heard it here first.

You voted for the standard Old Bell set up so I'll see if we can book our usual space...

OK - listen up, here is the news.

The most KBox can do us for in the relevant slot is 7 (and yes I did try the Soho branch as well and also other alternative slots).

Now given that 7 will have to include me and then meh, feebs, fonders and stix (for obvious reasons) as well as sumo (for sack skills) that means that even with a bit of overcrowding we will be slightly limited on numbers.

Proceed anyway?

Of course we might be able to haggle up on the day, but the chances of us just bowling up like we did in the old days and finding a space without a booking seem low.

Rooms need to be paid for in advance.

Next size room is 4 people and in my experience of such things everyone just migrates to the larger room (and KBox explicitly reserves its rights to reclaim and resell the second room if this happens, so it must be pretty common).

Anyone against the idea of having me squeeze up against them quite closely?

So Smithfield Kbox has a 14 people room from 11 - 1, Bloomsbury bowling is way cheaper and rooms start at 10 ppl, no idea if they have space yet though. Luckyvoice looks like it has space. There's also somewhere called Brazen Monkey?

I was working from a 10 start parameter.

Do we want to be finishing at 1? I was thinking more in terms of some of our more far flung brethren getting home.

I have been to the Leicester Square Brazen Monkey (really hard to find by the way) and it is a bit low rent, but fun.

Let me look into it and report back.

Yes, it really is cat herding isn’t it fonders?

I’ll wait for Brazen Monkey Holborn to get back to me so we maybe have options/comparisons and then throw it open to the mob (hopefully later today).

Right

All Brazen Monkey can offer us is Archway so I guess that means:

1. start at 10 and squeeze in; or
  2. start at 11, have more space but pay a bit more for the room and of course the chauffeur’s overtime.

Speak!

I now have visions of a hot sweaty karaoke booth filled with roffers, boobs, beer and strutter shouting "baggy trousers" through a mic. I so wanna see this. I'm just no good at drinking tho and sober karaoke is miserable.

So we’re agreed, what we’re looking for is KBox, larger room at 11 for 2 hours, plenty of beer (except for tricky) and feebs’ gown in an elegant puddle on the floor around her feet at some time to be agreed?

Deal?

Excellent.  You can't be any worse than the live singers on Strictly Come Dancing. 

And I have a specific request whilst singing "A mouse lived in a windmill" whilst tap-dancing in clogs. 

Done. 

No cancellations. No refunds.

You lot are now in my debt. One day (and that day may never come) I may ask you for a service.

Or cash.

Cash is more likely.

Chambers16 Nov 18 19:08

Some of you are presenting this to lurkers as somewhat akin to entering the Gates of Hell, which it rarely is.

I haven't decided.

what would you know Davros, you've never even been to drinks, you're thinking of that time you were wheeled into the Royal Variety Performance and got briefly brushed on the knee by Su Pollard

are you pair of doddering old fooks done over analysis forum posts

of course you chatted to me Chambo, there is oft a queue and you brought a "random" which confused the fcuk out of me because I was wracking my brain trying to remember who posted as "random"

Every time I've met Chambo he's turned up with his wife.  Bit rude of him to call her a random.  But then again, he knows his rugby so she probably doesn't like to complain.