proof that the UK is a 3rd Tier country part 348
Asturias Es Mi… 05 Jan 24 11:13
Reply |

WTAF do they expect to be the outcome if they are paying less than an assistant DPO for this kind of senior role

https://ico.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ICO/job/Group-Manager--AI-Compliance-_JR291

Dear UK corporates, 

Please fill your boots on using /developing un regulated AI systems, the UK won’t be enforcing anything except hand me downs from the US or media blitz victims , 

Yours

HMG

When you add on the Employer pension contribution of 26% it’s not quite so bad, but generally I agree that you are v unlikely to be getting anyone other than a bit of a plodder for that salary.

The really worrying bit is that if the team lead is on 50 odd grand how much will the 'technical experts' be on that they will be managing? Maybe 40k a year max.  What the fvck sort of technical expert in AI are you going to get for that sort of money? You are not going to be able to get anyone who understands the tech at all surely?

Comedy.

The most important tech and regulation in human history and the British state is paying pin money to the team lead and presumably peanuts to the team itself.

Tbh they may get someone who has already made their money. Or someone who will do it for a year to set up a move into a big job.

Canary, No.one. is an expert in the implementation of AI governance yet. 

I did an early course for the AIGP last year. The people writing the Azure, NIST and EU framework are basically riffing at this point.  IMHO what will become common practice is basically being decided by a max of 50 people in the world and none of them will end up at the ICO 

yes but you get the power to terrorise people with the power of state bureaucracy in an area of uncertain regulation 

Isn't that code for "there's the opprtunity for *cough* side earnings through "speaking engagements" or outright corruption?