Our UK tax team is unique in its breadth and depth – no other firm has leading corporate tax, finance tax, real estate tax, funds tax, indirect tax and tax litigation expertise. We advise some of the world's largest and most complex businesses, and work on transactions and disputes that hit the headlines.
We are exceptionally well placed to provide the tax advice which global businesses need in today's challenging environment. We believe that the provision of cross-border tax advice is critical to the success of businesses operating across national borders. London is a key hub in a network of offices with tax expertise across the globe; our global reach supports clients in a manner that few international law firms can match.
We have significant depth of resources. You would join a team of around 150 specialist tax advisers worldwide. The London Tax group has 6 partners and 14 associates.
Who you will work with
We both provide standalone tax advice, and work closely with our corporate, finance, capital markets and real estate colleagues to deliver commercial advice across the full spectrum of transactions -from M&A transactions, to structured financings, to restructurings, to fund establishments, to large commercial real estate deals. Tax is often central to the Firm's ability to win and execute these transactions.
So as a Senior Associate, you would be working as part of a highly regarded and ambitious team, advising the world's leading financial institutions and corporates (as well as governments, governmental organisations, trade and industry associations and other representative bodies), and acting on the largest and most complex matters – almost all with a strong international element.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Associate you will work at the forefront of the market across a diverse range of tax work including:
- Advising on international and domestic tax, covering a wide range of M&A and corporate structuring, bank and bond financing, structured debt, leasing, real estate investment and development, funds and other forms of non-bank investment.
- Tax disputes, whether corporation tax, VAT, bank levy or other indirect taxes.
- Bespoke tax advice, usually on highly complex points of law.
- Tax policy advice to industry bodies and governments.
- The nature of Clifford Chance means that the work has a strong international flavour; it is rare for the UK to be the only jurisdiction relevant to a matter.
- You will advise many of the world's largest and most complex corporates and financial institutions, as well as central banks and governments. We also provide pro bono advice to some of the world's most influential NGOs.
What you will do
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be working with a broad range of clients and the Firm's other teams and practice areas, not only in London, but across the globe.
- You will have exposure to work which often involves complex, high value matters that frequently headline in the financial and business press.
- As you grow in experience, you will have extensive client contact both as part of your daily working routine but will also have the opportunity to develop new client contacts.
- You will develop an unbeatable multi-disciplinary skill set as well as client facing skills whilst working with some of the best-known market leaders in their respective practice areas.