Our London office is currently recruiting for a Senior Associate (Commercial Disputes). As well as the relevant skills and experience, we're looking for people who are innovative, commercial and value the work that they do. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and believe diversity drives innovation, so we're building a culture where difference is valued.
Norton Rose Fulbright is renowned as one of the few firms with a truly global platform and has one of the largest and highest-rated disputes practice in the world. Our global dispute resolution team works on some of the most exciting, complex, high-value and sensitive multi-jurisdictional disputes and investigations within a genuine "one team" environment.
Our award-winning Corporate Disputes and Investigations team in London is core to our business and has been identified as a major growth and investment area for the firm. We are able to offer associates a broad range of high quality work.
You will be a member of the Corporate Disputes practice in London, working closely with experienced partners and an established team of associates.
The team acts for international blue chip clients on multi-million to billion dollar value corporate and commercial disputes proceeding in both arbitration and litigation.
This includes acting on breach of warranty and indemnity claims in M&A disputes, joint venture disputes, shareholder disputes and civil fraud claims.
Examples of our work include:
- Advising a North American group on a wide range of claims including warranty and interim covenant claims in connection with a high value and strategic M&A transaction.
- Advising a global group on strategies around an M&A transaction between signing and completion given the Covid-19 pandemic. This involved looking at the ordinary course covenants and warranties and material adverse change provisions and preparing for urgent English court litigation.
- Advising a private equity client on issues regarding a problematic investment in Africa, including a shareholder dispute and a board dispute. This involved analysis of the shareholder and financing documentation and strategic advice on directors' duties and board issues.
- Acting for a client in relation to a complex and highly contentious shareholder dispute in the UK, involving claims against the corporate entity and claims of breach of directors' duties. The matter also involved various internal investigations and advice around board issues.
Due to the nature of our work, associates are able to work across multiple jurisdictions on high profile matters, often as part of a multi-national, multi-disciplinary team. We are solutions-focused and take pride in partnering with our clients to achieve their strategic aims.
The team is committed to developing and promoting internally so the role offers limitless opportunities to the right candidate.
Skills and Experience Required:
You will have:
- At least 4 years' PQE experience in commercial dispute resolution gained from a leading law firm (both arbitration and litigation).
- Experience relating to company law and practice and of working with and advising transactional teams.
- A stellar academic background and first rate technical skills.
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills.
- Strong and demonstrable client care skills and the ability to work as part of an effective team.
- Enthusiasm and a keenness to learn and share learning.
Pay and benefits
We offer a range of competitive benefits including:
- 25 days hols + Bank hols - Buy up to 5 days
- GP Service
- Bupa Healthcare
- Flexible working