This is a permanent Risk Advisory role within our established practice, which is currently in a renewed phase of growth. As a practice, we specialise in a broad range of technical risk and compliance advisory services with clients that sit alongside Norton Rose Fulbright’s Global Financial Services Regulatory offering. The team is staffed with a mix of compliance and risk consultants and lawyers from across the industry including former regulators, industry practitioners and experienced consultants. Our strong relationship with our traditional in-house legal teams means we offer a fully integrated service. This integration is key to our success as a practice.
The team specialises in providing clients with operationally focused regulatory and risk advice, assurance and remediation solutions. It carries out work on a broad range of activities for a diverse range of premium financial service institutions. We are also increasingly supporting broader markets looking for risk-based advisory services. Work can include assisting businesses to achieve regulatory authorisation; building, evaluating and enhancing compliance, risk and governance frameworks; undertaking systems and controls assessments; conducting shadow regulatory review; designing and delivering training to Board level executives, management and other members of staff on risk and regulatory matters; and performing remediation services. More recently, we have developed a strong footprint in AML/financial crime and ESG solutions.
The team works across EMEA and with global colleagues in other key markets including North America and the Asia Pacific region.
- Support the Head of Risk Advisory EMEA to deliver the strategy for the wider Risk Advisory practice, including collaborating with our other offices around the world.
- Support the delivery of a variety of regulatory authorisation, risk and compliance advisory, assurance and remediation engagements with clients in the UK and internationally.
- Work with other parts of Norton Rose Fulbright to support the identification of cross departmental opportunities.
- Contribute to and lead on business development activities designed to strengthen the overall client base of the Risk Advisory practice.
- Use industry/consulting experience to support the identification and execution of commercial opportunities, leveraging existing networks and knowledge.
- Support the process of winning regulatory and risk focused projects with clients.
- Maintain, help service, and develop client relationships.
This role requires an individual who has broad risk, regulatory and compliance experience working in either wholesale/asset management (buy and/or sell-side) or commercial/retail financial services and payments providers.
The role holder will be able to support the development and management of client relationships, contribute to the winning and delivery of risk consulting projects and work collaboratively with other members of the Risk Advisory practice to deliver pragmatic and value-adding solutions to clients’ challenges. This may include, but not be limited to, supporting clients that are seeking to achieve regulatory authorisation, assisting clients with the development, review and assessment of their risk and compliance frameworks, undertaking design and operating effectiveness reviews of clients’ systems and controls arrangements and supporting the delivery of remediation projects. The individual will be expected to contribute to and lead on business development initiatives to develop and strengthen the Risk Advisory practice’s client base and support the building of strong relationships across NRF.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience and knowledge of regulatory compliance and risk matters within a financial services environment (gained from a consulting business, financial institution, or regulator).
- Strong knowledge of the UK/European financial services regulatory regime and its application in practice across either wholesale or retail financial services markets (gained from a consulting business, financial institution, or regulator).
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and experience on regulatory compliance and risk matters in a clear and practical manner through precise written and verbal communication to support the delivery of client engagements and business development activities.
- Ability to build and cultivate strong, trusted relationships through working collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative (where required) within a fast- paced, high pressure work environment.
- Willingness to work outside of immediate areas of expertise (where required) with appropriate supervision.
- Ability to work flexibly and manage competing priorities.
- We welcome applications from experienced consultants, industry practitioners, regulators, and legal professionals.
- Proven track record of supporting the delivery of projects, including managing to time and budget and in delivering robust and sustainable solutions.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent standard of written communication and drafting, including the ability to use software such as PowerPoint and Excel.