Litigation Executive- Credit Hire Team - Manchester
We are looking for a Litigation Executive to join our Credit Hire Team to be based in our Manchester office.
As a Litigation Executive, you will be responsible for managing a litigated Credit Hire caseload on behalf of insurer clients. The successful candidate must have credit hire file handling experience.
We are recruiting a Litigation Executive in Manchester to handle a varied caseload of Defendant Credit Hire claims. The successful candidate will work in a team dedicated to dealing with a number of the UK's largest insurer clients and will report directly to the Team Leader in respect of day-to-day tasks. The team currently enjoys hybrid working, being in the office 50% of the time
- Managing a caseload of litigated Multi track and Fast Track Credit Hire Claims up to a value of up to £100,000.
- Drafting all court documents.
- Instruction of Counsel and experts where appropriate.
- Assessing liability and quantum and preparing reports/advice.
- Making and responding to offers and negotiating settlement of both liability and quantum as and when necessary.
- Managing client MI expectations and SLA requirements.
- Negotiating fixed recoverable costs and disbursements.
Experience and Skills Required
- An undergraduate law degree or equivalent (minimum 2:1 required); or
- 2 years plus Credit Hire experience and ideally from a defendant background, however we will look at candidates from a claimant background.
- Experience of handling own caseload is required for this role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent Organisational Skills and ability to handle high volumes of work.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work efficiently by managing time in a fast-paced environment.
- A professional manner with the ability to build relationships internally and externally.
In return, you will benefit from being part of an organisation that is genuinely committed to its people. Within our friendly department you will have access to a range of learning and development opportunities designed to support your ongoing progression.
Clyde & Co is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and are proud to be a Top 50 Inclusive Employer.