Positively 2019

What have been your highlights this year? New stuff (job, baby, partner, hip?); travel; experiences...

What has really stood out for you?

Laughing at having to apply for a flexible working arrangement to go from being part-time to being full-time again.  I'm having a three month trial to see how my new working arrangement works out!

BC I'm being facetious.  2019 has concluded building an awesome house and getting my parents through moving for the first time in 47 years reasonably unscathed apart from having another six months of sifting through boxes and persuading them stuff can be thrown away to look forward to.

Young Gwenners has managed to stay out of hospital for an entire year. That is truly novel, given that she spent 3 of the previous 4 years in one hospital or another.

Gwen - nice one. Really good news and long may it continue. I don't even know what to type now but stay strong and keep being utterly fab as a mother and a ROFer. You exude such good vibes on here and deserve at least tenfold back.

xxx

That’s fantastic Gwen!!

Much less important, but mine are: Have really enjoyed work this year, we won the league, England won a world cup, and I went up two cup sizes.

Great job.  Everyone healthy.  Got a dog (and it didn't destroy us).  Expanded circle of friends locally.  A really settled, solid year.

Could do with a bit more selfish time and time with Mrs Sorry in 2020.  Am working on it - the kids getting a little older helps.

Am thankful for it.

Hope everyone one here had a good or at least not terrible year.

And there was me thinking that I exude the vibes of a slightly dotty, over-venting, long retired Welsh ex lawyer who lives in the past. So grateful that ROF is prepared to indulge me - and that it regularly makes me laugh.