Inflation up to 10.4 - This isn't going as BoE hoped is it.

They may as well stop fooking about and hike IR a full point, this week. What a mess.

This is a time lag issue.

I warned you all - I will find the post if you dont believe me - well in advance and to the exact month, that inflation would hit 10%.

It will be 5% by the end of the year and falling unless WW3 begins.

You heard it here first

E&OE

It just be absolutely miserable being you ebitda. 

Wake up, look at phone, hunt out worst possible news, interpret and exaggerate in worst possible way, post misery on rof, repeat. 

there is not really any point in complaining about this, it's what people voted for in 2016 so we just have to suck if up and hope that wages keep pace - there was also a manifesto promise I think from Boris that the UK would become a high wage economy so just need to get through this adjustment period and it should all sort of level out

It s a slightly arbitrary number which in isolation is meaningless so chill people. We know the direction of travel has been up and it will be down this year. The rest is just noise.

RR, I can genuinely say I love being me, I am very happy and content, and don't wish life dealt me a better hand. Life is good, and always has been to be honest.

My post was in no way exaggerated. HTH, and have a splendid day. I wish you well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65026231

Wonderful balance from the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation, as usual

Tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers were among certain vegetables that were in scarce supply, largely because of extreme weather affecting harvests in Spain and North Africa.

Shortages were also compounded by high energy prices impacting UK growers, as well as issues with supply chains.

Yes that's what they've neglected to mention sails. That's the real issue here. After all, it's much cheaper to buy veg in UK supermarkets than Spain for example. 

Unfortunately the brexit broadcasting corporation (state owned), 'independent' Tory vision, channel 4 (state owned), sky (big Tories) refuse to report accurately in case the weak skinned Tories try to cancel them.

They’ve neglected to mention

THEY'VE ALSO NEGLECTED TO MENTION WHAT A MARVELLOUS JOB THE CONSERVATIVES ARE DOING AND HOW NO-ONE ELSE COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THE CONSERVATIVES SO REALLY YOU MAY AS WELL VOTE CONSERVATIVE BECAUSE THERE IS NO BETTER OPTION AND ALL IS FOR THE BEST IN THIS THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS!!

Main drivers of this 10.4%

Food and non-alcoholic beverages: + 18%

Housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels: +26.6%

Restaurants and hotels: +12.1%

All other factors are well below 10%

Entirely the fault of the tozza brexit and tozza choices re: energy prices

KHUNTS

Of course veg are cheaper in Spain as they grow their own all year round without having to use heating and don't have the transport costs.  Really tells you what British farmers are up against when the price Tesco will pay doesn't even cover the cost of production in Morocco.

You have been reading Ambrose again haven't you laz? Given how much the money supply grew over covid it's inevitable it's going to fall back sharply.  I am not sure it's a sensible leading indicator, particularly while employment figures are so strong.