We have the world's leading international finance practice and act on many of the financial markets' ground-breaking deals and have become trusted advisers to the corporations and financial institutions that define the global markets.
The award-winning Projects, Energy & Infrastructure Group in London focuses on the development and financing (both greenfield and brownfield) of assets across oil & gas, power including renewables, mining and infrastructure, including PPP, and is part of the firm's highly integrated Worldwide Projects Group.
We are looking for a senior level lawyer with projects, energy, and infrastructure experience.
You will advise developers, commercial banks, multilateral organisations, export credit agencies, infrastructure and energy funds and institutional investors in all aspects relating to the development and financing of energy and infrastructure projects across the globe.
You will also work on Projects in Africa and on transactions in emerging markets.
The international flavour of our work is well matched by our multi-jurisdictional environment. We are particularly interested in recruiting from well-respected City and International law firms, and we also welcome applications from lawyers from leading firms in other jurisdictions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Working with multi-lateral organisations and US agencies
- Projects in Africa and emerging markets
- Working on the development of financial institutions
- Project documents and finance documents
Due to the global nature of the work, we are particularly interested in dual-qualified lawyers, including those qualified in E&W and NY.
A strong academic history is essential.
As a Senior Associate at Clifford Chance your remit will be to:
- Have responsibility for drafting legal documents clearly and concisely
- Create solutions using your legal knowledge, applying effective research techniques
- Challenge and test advice against legal compliance and risks
- Be proactive to pursue and expand legal knowledge to ensure legal knowledge and technical expertise up to date
- Utilise client focus initiatives in terms of driving understanding and monitoring service levels of their individual client needs
- Engage with knowledge resources effectively and collaborate in knowledge initiatives for the Firm
- Manage matters with a disciplined practice - comprising of timely timesheet submission, adhering to matter opening and conflicts clearance processes.
- Adopt best delivery tools: e.g. templates, Legal Support Centre, Resource Management, Legal Project Managers, Matter Balance Reports.
- Manage your self-development – ensure annual completion of mandatory and relevant skills, risk and legal training.
- Take full participation in the annual appraisal process.
In order to provide outstanding client service, we need to understand, anticipate and fulfil the unique needs and expectations of each client. We call this "Client Focus" and to help deliver this core part of our business strategy, we want to recruit lawyers who not only have the very highest level of technical skills but are also Client Focused.
We are looking for lawyers who:
- can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to learn about our clients' business;
- can work in teams, sharing knowledge and motivating and coaching their juniors and contributing to overall success;
- are empathetic, responsive and reliable;
- are commercial and innovative in the solutions they deliver to clients;
- are good at fostering relationships with clients
To find out more:
Interested? To find out more about what it is like to work at Clifford Chance in London please visit our careers site
Opening Date: 3rd October 2019
Closing Date: 2nd November 2019