One Destination opens a World of Opportunity
Property and Retail Solicitor
1 Year FTC ( Maternity Cover)
Salary £ 50-60,000 depending on experience & generous bonus potential
Excellent benefits including performance related bonus and private medical insurance.
The In-House corporate legal department has an exciting opportunity for a Property and Retail Solicitor to join their small but well established team to cover maternity leave. This position will deal with primarily retail and property (tenancy), retail concessions at the airport and general commercial contracts regarding Gatwick Airport's own suppliers.
Our corporate ambition is to compete to grow and become London's airport of choice. A key aspect of our vision is to deliver great service every day; and to do that we rely on our people.
The work is varied, ranging from straightforward property work (mainly landlord and tenant but some acquisition work), to contracts governing the retail concessions at the airport, to dealings with the CAA (GAL's regulator), to more general commercial contracts. The legal team is also asked to advise on things as varied as the terms and conditions for competitions, responses to complaints from passengers (for example in relation to denied boarding), agreements with airlines, agreements with Air Traffic Control service providers and environmental issues.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Do you have a good grasp of real estate law?
Are you practical and commercially minded with the ability to deal with matters outside the usual remit of a real estate lawyer?
Are you able to work autonomously and be able to succinctly describe likely risks and costs to clients seeking advice?
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
Key responsibilities and experience required
- Accountable for delivering timely and accurate legal services principally to the property and retail functions at the airport including drafting and negotiating legal documents, and providing legal advice. Experience in landlord and tenant work essential as the airport is a major landowner and landlord.
- Turning around work in tight timescales to allow speedy occupation by tenants and concessionaires to generate income for the business.
- Assisting the Commercial, Property and Retail lawyer in producing and delivering legal training to the business.
- Providing legal support to various other functions within the business including IT and customer complaints.
- Dealing with ad hoc projects as required.
Qualified solicitor admitted in England and Wales with experience of landlord and tenant law. Experience in property law in either a law firm or with previous in-house experience. Broader commercial / business experience would be advantageous.
Gatwick Airport is a dynamic and exciting environment. This is a great opportunity to become part of a team of HR professionals who share the passion of making Gatwick Airport a great place to work. We love what we do and would love you to join us.