Looking for an opportunity to cast your net even wider?
We bring new ideas and perspectives to everything we do, without ever compromising the quality of our work. Join us and you'll be surrounded by high quality work and specialist expertise every day, as you make an impact on a national and international scale.
Our working environment is professional yet progressive, where quality of work and quality of life go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative approach to how we do business is totally refreshing. It's what attracts some of the best legal minds in the industry and it's why our people love working here.
We are proud to have received an Investors in People - Platinum Accreditation and have recently been voted by our people as a RollOnFriday's ‘Firm of the Year to Work for 2023'.
And did you know our hybrid working model offers flexible working options too?
Real Estate team
You will be joining a UK wide award-winning, multi-disciplinary team, ranked in the top tier by both Chambers and Legal 500.
Our Real Estate Energy team, led by Partner Euan Bremner, have transacted over 1,000 deals for developers, investors and funders in relation to various clean technologies including onshore wind, offshore wind, biomass, wave, tidal, hydro, solar, energy storage, anaerobic digestion and energy from waste.
We also advise a diverse range of clients on the implementation of Net Zero solutions for commercial and industrial buildings, housing-led regeneration schemes, and transport infrastructure.
Collaboration is the key to our service. You will work closely with experts from across our firm to provide advice tailored to each client. With a pool of expertise spanning areas including commercial, construction, planning, environmental, regulatory and disputes at our disposal, we view complex energy projects from all angles.
What Others Say…
‘The whole team is very engaging and people that you genuinely like as a person not just to work with…their experience and expertise that they bring to the table is second to none'.
(Legal 500, 2022)
- Building the Culture: You'll deliver service excellence on all client matters and participate in cultural initiatives that underpin life at the firm, making Burges Salon a great place to work.
- Delivering Results: Achieve your personal objectives and be aware of how to focus your contribution to support the firm's overall aims. Plan, control and resource matters effectively, delegating where appropriate and monitor delivery.
- Growing our People: Actively contribute to the development of those you have responsibility for. Establish your standing as an ‘expert' in your chosen area / sector. Identify and take advantage of opportunities broaden your technical / client experience.
- Developing our Business: Deepen your understanding of client needs and expectations, identify opportunities to lead CRM activities, build you own network and cross-refer work where appropriate.
What you'll need
- Relevant experience working on clean energy based property transactions
- The ability to work well in a team and with clients, using interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage a complex and varied workload effectively
- Be self-motivated and willing to learn
- Experience of supporting and leading others to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Must be a SRA or Law Society of Scotland registered lawyer
Click here for a full overview of our brilliant reward package and find out more about the benefits of a legal career with Burges Salmon, here.
We're committed to finding the right person for this role and we're open to discussing flexible working, full time or part time working patterns.
It's important to us that our organisation represents the diverse community in which we operate and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities. As a Disability Confident employer we will provide a fully accessible recruitment process.
Get in touch!
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Chris Jenkinson - 0117 307 2246 - for an informal and confidential conversation.
Are you ready to blaze a trail with industry leaders? Make a leap. Make a splash…
- Associate - Role Description.pdf (154.25 KB)
- Interview Guidance - Associates.pdf (488.74 KB)
- Firm Achievements 2021-2022.pdf (328.27 KB)
- Responsible Business performance highlights infographic 2022 v3.pdf (1.40 MB)