Burges Salmon. We're more than a law firm. We're a place where you can be more of everything.
Exposure to high-profile clients and partners is just the start. With us, you'll reap the rewards of enjoying responsibility from day one. So if you're looking to work at a fresh-thinking firm that's blazing a trail with industry-leading insight, it's time to take the leap.
Our working environment is professional yet progressive, where quality of work and quality of life go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative approach to how we do business is totally refreshing. It's what attracts some of the best legal minds in the industry and it's why our people love working here.
We are proud to have received an Investors in People - Platinum Accreditation and have recently been voted by our people as a RollOnFriday's ‘Firm of the Year to Work for 2023'.
And did you know our hybrid working model offers flexible working options too?
Our team is one of the largest Pensions team in the UK. With a national client base comprising of more than 750 trustee and employer clients, across the public and private sectors, we help trustees with defined benefit, defined contribution and hybrid schemes.
We regularly provide tailored training for trustees and in 2021 launched our Pensions Schemes Act Triage Tool, to support employers and trustees with navigating the Pensions Regulator's powers.
As a pensions lawyer at Burges Salmon you could expect to get involved in a variety of client matters that include providing expertise on automatic enrolment, pensions legal advice, regulation and tax, public sector pensions or pensions disputes/litigation.
Key clients include:
AT&T, Babcock, Chanel, Great Lakes, Hampshire County Council, Honda, National Trust, Panasonic, Silentnight, University of Oxford and Western Power Distribution.
What others say…
“[They are] a large team with real strength in depth. Technical pensions know-how, industry specific knowledge and across the board expertise means that they are able to offer an excellent service in relation to schemes of any size.”
At Burges Salmon, you will have a fair, transparent path to progression. To find out more click here to download our Career Guide for Lawyers.
- Building the Culture: You'll deliver service excellence on all client matters and participate in cultural initiatives that underpin life at the firm, making Burges Salon a great place to work.
- Delivering Results: Achieve your personal objectives and be aware of how to focus your contribution to support the firm's overall aims.
- Growing our People: Establish a strong skills foundation, proactively looking for opportunities to broaden your technical / client experience wherever possible, and bring your best to all that you do.
- Developing our Business: Assist efforts to develop new client relationships and enhance existing alliances.
What you'll need
- Relevant experience working on pensions matters
- Be a strong team player, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to manage a complex and varied workload effectively
- Be self-motivated and willing to learn
- Must be a SRA or Law Society of Scotland registered lawyer
Click here for a full overview of our brilliant reward package and find out more about the benefits of a legal career with Burges Salmon, here.
We're committed to finding the right person for this role and we're open to discussing flexible working, full time or part time working patterns.
It's important to us that our organisation represents the diverse community in which we operate and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities. As a Disability Confident employer we will provide a fully accessible recruitment process.
Get in touch!
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Victoria Lewton - 0117 307 6942 - for an informal and confidential conversation.
Have we hooked you yet? Make a leap. Make a splash…
- Solicitor - Role Description.pdf (146.54 KB)
- Interview Guidance - Solicitors.pdf (481.37 KB)
- Firm Achievements 2021-2022.pdf (328.27 KB)
- Responsible Business performance highlights infographic 2022 v3.pdf (1.40 MB)