We are fresh, we are fearless, we are growing. Make the leap, make a splash.
Here at Burges Salmon, we bring new ideas and perspectives to everything we do, without ever compromising the quality of our work. Join us and you'll have every opportunity to fulfil your potential as you help shape our future – and we'll support you all the way.
Our working environment is professional yet progressive, where quality of work and quality of life go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative approach to how we do business is totally refreshing. It's what attracts some of the best legal minds in the industry and it's why our people love working here.
We are proud to have received an Investors in People - Platinum Accreditation and have recently been voted by our people as a RollOnFriday's ‘Firm of the Year to Work for 2023'.
And did you know our hybrid working model offers flexible working options too?
Exciting. Innovative. Market-leading. Our lawyers operate and advise at the forefront of their specialist sectors. As a Lawyer at Burges Salmon, you could work at the cutting edge of emerging technologies, shape the commercial landscape by combining legal and transactional expertise, advise on major infrastructure, energy and development projects that shape the way in which people live or deliver for clients in their time of need with a pragmatic approach to complex litigation and contentious commercial cases.
We will be looking to add to our cohort of internal qualifiers to start in September 2023. While the specific vacancies are unconfirmed, we expect to recruit Newly-Qualified Solicitors across a wide variety of practice areas. These could include:
Don't miss out! Apply via this advert to register your advance interest in Newly-Qualified Solicitor positions at Burges Salmon. Please mention in your application which areas you are most interested in.
At Burges Salmon, you will have a fair, transparent path to progression. To find out more click here to download our Career Guide for Lawyers.
- Building the Culture: You'll deliver service excellence on all client matters and participate in cultural initiatives that underpin life at the firm, making Burges Salon a great place to work.
- Delivering Results: Achieve your personal objectives and be aware of how to focus your contribution to support the firm's overall aims.
- Growing our People: Establish a strong skills foundation, proactively looking for opportunities to broaden your technical / client experience wherever possible, and bring your best to all that you do.
- Developing our Business: Assist efforts to develop new client relationships and enhance existing alliances.
What you'll need
- Relevant legal experience as a Trainee Solicitor or Solicitor Apprentice
- The ability to work well in a team, with excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage a complex and varied workload effectively
- Be self-motivated and willing to learn
- On course to qualify as a Solicitor in England & Wales or Scotland in 2023
Click here for a full overview of our brilliant reward package and find out more about the benefits of a legal career with Burges Salmon, here.
We're committed to finding the right people for these roles and we're open to discussing flexible working, full time or part time working patterns.
It's important to us that our organisation represents the diverse community in which we operate and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities. As a Disability Confident employer we will provide a fully accessible recruitment process.
Get in touch!
If you would like to learn more about NQ opportunities at Burges Salmon, please contact Chris Jenkinson - 0117 307 2246 - for an informal and confidential conversation.
Have we hooked you yet? Make a leap. Make a splash…
- Solicitor - Role Description.pdf (146.54 KB)
- Interview Guidance - Solicitors.pdf (481.37 KB)
- Firm Achievements 2021-2022.pdf (328.27 KB)
- Responsible Business performance highlights infographic 2022 v3.pdf (1.40 MB)