Our Global Private Funds Practice is a market leading practice with a focus on closed-ended private equity, real estate, and infrastructure and debt funds. We work closely with our colleagues in the firm’s private equity, real estate, energy and infrastructure and finance groups. In addition, we also advise investors in such funds, including pension funds, insurance companies, funds-of-funds and many sovereign wealth and other supranational institutions.
Clifford Chance is recognised as the global market leader in working with alternative fund managers and other asset managers to establish and operate the whole range of alternative private investment funds. Our global team advises managers throughout the fund life cycle including fund establishment, structuring and marketing as well as ongoing operational issues, secondary transactions and restructuring mandates.
We are looking for mid to senior level lawyers with a strong private fund formation background. In addition to top level technical skills in fund formation, the candidate will be highly experienced in negotiation of fund terms both with fund managers and investors and an excellent communicator.
You will be responsible for:
• Fund and managed account establishment, structuring and marketing.
• Ongoing fund operational issues, secondary transactions and restructuring mandates.
• Advise managers (and investors) on appropriate fund terms and other topical issues in the
• Advise clients on licensing and regulatory requirements, especially in relation to the EU Alternative
Investment Fund Management Directive as well as ERISA and carry plan issues.
• Negotiation with both clients and investors from both a legal and commercial perspective.
• Produce internal articles, keeps up to date with industry changes, pro-active in the creation
&circulation of fund- related updates & information.
• in pitching for new work and business development.
You must be a mid to senior level associate, working in a substantially similar practice.
You will have knowledge of running funds and manages junior lawyers.
You will have strong academics from a leading University.
Opening Date: 27th August 2019
Closing Date: 26th September 2019