We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and commercial qualified Incentives / Remuneration lawyer to join our London Incentives team. We are interested in hearing from you if you have post-qualification experience within a recognised Incentives practice in a law firm, accountancy firm, consultancy firm or in-house.
We are far more than a traditional "share plans" team and cover a full range of remuneration and incentives work looking at legal, regulatory, tax and governance issues as well as reputational risk.
We are a market leading team and we are ranked 'Tier 1' in legal directories both in the UK and globally. Our client base is a far broader than many people imagine for a Magic Circle firm. We have a strong and globally diverse client base including UK and global quoted companies and banks, global multinationals, private equity houses and their investee companies. We also have a healthy split of advisory and transactional work (this is not a "corporate support" team; we focus on standalone advisory projects around 60% and supporting on large transactions around 40%.
Who you will work with
The team is close knit, and everyone works together. We make sure every member of the team gets a good mix of work type and clients.
What you will be responsible for / do
The types of work you would be involved with would include:
- design, drafting and implementation of all types of discretionary and all-employee incentives plans;
- managing legal, regulatory and tax advice on global incentive plans and remuneration arrangements;
- advice on remuneration governance, design, reporting, remuneration committee and shareholder issues (e.g. "say on pay" and director remuneration reports/policies);
- advice on remuneration regulation (e.g. financial service sector remuneration);
- remuneration advice on board and senior executive hires and terminations;
- advice on corporate governance, regulatory and tax issues affecting incentives and remuneration;
- employment tax advice; and
- the remuneration aspects of public and private M&A, IPOs, capital raisings and other corporate transactions.
Your career experience so far
Relevant post qualification experience to join our highly regarded London team. You will have worked at one of the recognised Incentives practice in a law firm, accountancy firm, consultancy firm or in-house.
Strong academic history, legal skills and reputation amongst existing clients is important. Equally as important is enthusiasm, commerciality and a real desire to help develop our team further.
To provide outstanding client service, we need to understand, anticipate and fulfil the unique needs and expectations of each client. We call this "Client Focus" and to help deliver this core part of our business strategy, we want to recruit lawyers who not only have the very highest level of technical skills but who:
- can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to learn about our clients' business;
- can work in teams, sharing knowledge and motivating and coaching their juniors and contributing to overall success;
- are empathetic, responsive and reliable;
- are commercial and innovative in the solutions they deliver to clients;
- are good at fostering relationships with clients.
How we will support you
From your first day with us, you will have varied opportunities to continuously grow and development your skills and knowledge. From formal training, informal coaching and mentoring through to skills-based and technical training and on the job learning.
About the firm
Whatever your area of expertise, you will find a range of career opportunities at Clifford Chance. And wherever you’re heading, Clifford Chance is where you can be true to your ambitions.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures and languages. In a world where commercial success increasingly relies on globalisation, we offer clients a truly international perspective, and we offer our people a rewarding and stimulating career.
We're proud of our approachable, friendly and team-based way of working. Highly professional and self-assured, with an entrepreneurial streak, our people are more than happy to share their expertise and knowledge.
To find out more:
Interested? To find out more about what it is like to work at Clifford Chance in the London office please visit our careers site
At Clifford Chance we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm. Find out more here.