M&A and Corporate Finance – Associate
Competitive salary and benefits
Team: M&A and Corporate Finance
Reports to: M&A and Corporate Finance Partners
Purpose of job:
To advise on M&A and Corporate Finance transactions
What’s in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive Associate to join a top corporate practice in the city and work on a range of high profile multi-jurisdictional deals in a small yet growing team. You will have a real opportunity to make your mark within our M&A and Corporate Finance team and the wider Firm as a whole.
We invest strongly in the training available to our associates. Our M&A and Corporate Finance lawyers are seen as commercial, innovative and the role will enable you to have significant client contact. Your career is important to us and the success of our firm is driven by ensuring that every employee maximises their potential. Lawyers, PAs and business services experts - everyone here has access to tailored learning to suit their skills and ambitions.
Making sure our people feel valued is part of our everyday culture, ensuring that they are rewarded is part of our everyday work too. From 25 days holiday per year to private medical insurance, pensions, charity schemes and a whole host of other flexible benefits, you can rest assured that we've got your best interests covered.
Join Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, and you'll discover an environment unlike any other law firm with an open door policy that helps to deliver real results.
• Working in conjunction with a partner on public and private M&A transactions (including many with cross-border elements) and equity capital markets transactions, including IPOs and secondary fundraisings
• Liaising with other departments in the firm on transactions and obtaining advice from overseas counsel on cross-border transactions
• Drafting and negotiating documents to help clients achieve their business goals
• Managing matters and reviewing work of more junior team members
• Managing and developing existing client relationships with the relevant client relationship partner and actively get involved in the Firm’s marketing business development work
• Assisting with the development of templates and other know-how and presenting at internal and external events to contribute to the Firm’s knowledge
• You will build your legal knowledge by attending know-how meetings, conducting research and reading journals and legal updates
Members of the M&A and Corporate Finance department and the wider Firm
Experience and knowledge
• 2-3 PQE
• Relevant M&A and Corporate Finance experience gained from a city, international or regional practice
Skills and competencies
• You will have excellent commercial and analytical skills and the ability to apply them to create innovative and commercial solutions
• You will have the highest standards of integrity and ethics
Client Relationships & Business Development
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to foster strong client relationships
• You will write articles and briefings for internal and external publications
• Contribute to pitches and proposals
• Solid understanding of the drivers of profitability
• Ability to prepare fee estimates and manage projects to plan
• Ability to identify and implement ideas that will improve productivity
• You will have excellent organisational and prioritising skills with the ability to manage multiple work demands allowing you to dedicate adequate time to fee earning and non-fee earning activities
• You will be driven, with stamina and resilience in the face of demanding situations
• You will be proactive and positive with a strong team focus, and a collaborative approach
• You will be able to establish strong working relationships with your colleagues with the highest level of professionalism and integrity
• You will be able to effectively delegate and supervise work
• You will have an inclusive approach, and help to foster a diverse and inclusive team and workplace
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner. We are wholly committed to creating an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to make the most of their skills qualities and points of difference and, most importantly, be themselves.
We believe that our goals of always exceeding client expectations and being the most attractive place to work will only be achieved if we recruit, retain, reward and develop our people with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce. We are supportive of a range of working arrangements, tailored to you as an individual, wherever possible.
Please ask the Recruitment Team about the flexible working arrangements that are available to you within this role.
Please note that our PQE levels as stated in our job descriptions are a guide only and all suitable candidates will be considered.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner ensures all hardcopy materials and information stored electronically which contains confidential information is securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
Please note: we will not accept speculative CVs sent to hiring managers or partners via email. We can only accept CVs sent via the portal from agencies that have agreed terms of business with the Recruitment team. For further information, contact [email protected].
As a regulated firm of solicitors, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP is required to undertake appropriate vetting of staff. In addition to completion, by applicants who accept a job offer, of a regulatory questionnaire, the Firm uses a specialist provider to undertake professional verification and background checks (including through electronic data sources, and directly with employers and professional bodies/regulators) on our behalf. We will also undertake certain verifications ourselves.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner adopts a risk-based approach to its vetting procedures, which are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with IT, legal and regulatory obligations. For further details, please see our recruitment website: www.bclplaw.com
Application Close Date: 31 December 2019