- FTSE 100 role
- A superb opportunity to join the UK hotel market leader in an exciting period of growth and innovation
- Join a high calibre in-house legal function
- Exposure at a senior level throughout the business
Headquartered in Dunstable, Bedfordshire, Whitbread is a FTSE 100 company. Established in 1742, It is one of the UK's oldest and most well-respected companies.
With over 76,000 hotel rooms under Whitbread’s Premier Inn, Hub by Premier Inn and new Zip brands, we are the UK’s largest hotel operator and we continue to grow and innovate. The open and committed pipeline of hotels takes us to 89,000 rooms, with a newly announced ambition of over 110,000 rooms. Our mission is to be the world’s best budget hotel business, delivering quality and value for money for customers whilst creating long-term value for shareholders.
The role of Commercial Counsel will be a key part of our plans and have the following responsibilities:
- Advising on the interpretation of and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Standardisation of legal agreements and improvement of commercial processes
- Proactively support our business wide teams through legal updates and awareness
- Provide support on IP matters
- Support procurement on developing and delivering supply chain strategy
- Support the Marketing function in ensuring advertisements comply with all applicable laws and codes of practice
- Support and input into the Legal compliance programme
- Support Whitbread in the efficient management of any Legal disputes
- Support both our UK and Middle East hotels in legal requirements
The Successful Applicant
Suitable candidates for the role of Legal Counsel, Commercial will have the following qualifications / experience:
- Demonstrable experience in commercial contracts is essential.
- Qualified Solicitor (4 years plus PQE but a lesser PQE will be considered for exceptional candidates)
- Experience in areas such as Marketing, Advertising and Brand related issues is highly desirable.
- Experience of operating within a large multinational organisation or extensively advising a wide range of these.
What's On Offer
A highly competitive base salary and benefits package.