Looking for an opportunity to cast your net even wider?
We bring new ideas and perspectives to everything we do, without ever compromising the quality of our work. Join us and you'll be surrounded by high quality work and specialist expertise every day, as you make an impact on a national and international scale.
Our working environment is professional yet progressive, where quality of work and quality of life go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative approach to how we do business is totally refreshing. It's what attracts some of the best legal minds in the industry and it's why our people love working here.
We are proud to have received an Investors in People - Platinum Accreditation and have recently been voted by our people as a RollOnFriday's ‘Firm of the Year to Work for 2023'.
And did you know our hybrid working model offers flexible working options too?
Our IP and commercial lawyers have a formidable level of expertise, which is acknowledged nationally and internationally. We are a market-leading team, offering our clients pragmatic legal advice on highly complex multi-party legal matters and thrive on high profile and ground-breaking projects. Since 2010, we have influenced projects with a combined value of over £30 billion.
Our commercial law expertise includes:
- supply arrangements
- commercial joint ventures
- collaboration and partnering arrangements
- sale and purchase terms and conditions
- distribution and agency
- consumer contracts
- services agreements
Key clients include: John Lewis, Virgin, Waitrose, Yeo Valley
- Building the Culture: You'll deliver service excellence on all client matters and participate in cultural initiatives that underpin life at the firm, making Burges Salon a great place to work.
- Delivering Results: Achieve your personal objectives and be aware of how to focus your contribution to support the firm's overall aims. Plan, control and resource matters effectively, delegating where appropriate and monitor delivery.
- Growing our People: Actively contribute to the development of those you have responsibility for. Establish your standing as an ‘expert' in your chosen area / sector. Identify and take advantage of opportunities broaden your technical / client experience.
- Developing our Business: Deepen your understanding of client needs and expectations, identify opportunities to lead CRM activities, build you own network and cross-refer work where appropriate.
What you'll need
- Relevant experience working on IP and commercial matters
- Be a strong team player, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to manage a complex and varied workload effectively
- Be self-motivated and willing to learn
- Experience of leading others to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Must be a SRA or Law Society of Scotland registered lawyer
Click here for a full overview of our brilliant reward package and find out more about the benefits of a legal career with Burges Salmon, here.
We're committed to finding the right person for this role and we're open to discussing flexible working, full time or part time working patterns.
It's important to us that our organisation represents the diverse community in which we operate and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities. As a Disability Confident employer we will provide a fully accessible recruitment process.
Get in touch!
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Victoria Lewton - 0117 307 6942 - for an informal and confidential conversation.
Are you ready to blaze a trail with industry leaders? Make a leap. Make a splash…
- Associate - Role Description.pdf (154.25 KB)
- Interview Guidance - Associates.pdf (488.74 KB)
- Firm Achievements 2021-2022.pdf (328.27 KB)
- Responsible Business performance highlights infographic 2022 v3.pdf (1.40 MB)