At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology. Working across a wide range of sectors, including pensions and benefits, investments, insurance, energy, health, sports, and data analytics, we help our clients navigate complexity in order to take the action that matters.
We are seeking a lawyer with extensive experience in commercial contracts to join our friendly and fun in-house legal team. We are a small hybrid working team with all team members regularly working from home and in our London and Winchester offices. You may choose London or Winchester as your base office.
You will advise on a wide range of legal, risk, and compliance matters including client engagement terms, policies, intellectual property rights and data protection law.
What will you be doing?
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating client related contracts, such as engagement terms, master services agreements, non-disclosure agreements and release letters
- Acting as trusted advisor to the firm's Partners, client teams and the IT, HR, Administration, Finance and Business Development teams
- Helping supervise and develop lawyers more junior to you within the team
- Advising on the legal framework and associated risks of new business lines, including drafting the contractual documentation for the provision of modelling and analytics tools to clients, software as a service and website terms
- Advising on data protection law
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on commercial contracts with suppliers, including for IT services and software licence and support agreements
- Advising on a wide range of other legal, risk and compliance matters affecting the firm, including intellectual property rights and internal policies
What skills, qualities and experience are we looking for?
- You must be a qualified solicitor in England & Wales with 3-6 years' post qualification experience
- Excellent negotiation skills and extensive experience advising on and negotiating commercial contracts
- Highly proficient in the fields of intellectual property and data protection law
- Strong business acumen with a commercial and practical approach
- The ability to influence and gain trust at the most senior levels of the business
- A team player with the capability of working on your own initiative and with fluctuating workloads
- Excellent communication skills and professional at all times
- Flexibility of tasks and hours covered and to travel and work from other LCP offices (travel expenses paid where working from alternative offices to your base office)
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team [email protected]
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing [email protected] to arrange a confidential conversation.