Gerald is a leading global metals trading company. Its business consists of the physical sale, development, trade and structured financing of commodities and commodity linked assets. Gerald is a diversified metals trader, across precious and non-precious metals and operates on a global basis.
With is Headquarters in London, Gerald has trading offices in America, China, Switzerland and the UK and with mine and commodity related investments in various jurisdictions.
Reporting to the Head of Legal and working as a member of the Legal Team and assisting on all Gerald Group legal requirements, some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting on all financial and corporate matters of the Group, including particularly finance aspects.
- Strong focus on finance, trade finance and bank finance facilities.
- Interfacing with other business units within the Group (Desk, Operations, Credit, Treasury) to ensure internal client requirements met and Group requirements addressed.
- Exposure to external customers and trade / finance counterparties.
Key Skills and Experience
- England and Wales qualified solicitor (or equivalent commonwealth jurisdiction qualification such as from the following: New Zealand, Australia, Canada).
- At least 1 - 2 years PQE, experienced in finance and facility documentation (credit facilities, guarantees, security documents, conditions precedent).
- Exposure to commodities finance is desirable but not a requirement for a candidate with solid finance abilities.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- First class written and spoken communication skills a requirement. Confident, with strong interpersonal skills and team player approach.
- Fluent English speaker. Fluent or advanced level in the following languages is not a requirement but would be of interest: Mandarin, Russian, French, Spanish and/or Portuguese.