Wagestream is a financial services technology company that is making a major impact on the financial health of UK / IE workers. We partner with employers to allow their employees to access their earned-but-not-yet-paid wages in real time. Live partners include David Lloyd Gyms, Casual Dining Group, Rentokil, Camden Town Brewery.
Wagestream was founded with the desire to be a strong cause for social good, and we are tackling the significant void of affordable short term credit, generated by a nationwide shift to the monthly paycycle.
Our aim is to play a key role in reducing the UK poverty premium and prevent employees entering cycles of debt, caused by high interest credit or pay day loans. We are proud to have a social charter in our articles of association.
We recently closed our Series A investment round (£51m) with leading investors, QED, Balderton Capital and Northzone and also have raised from Village Global (backed by Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos et al) and charitable venture arms including the Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone who is recently qualified looking to make the move from private practice into an in-house role. This will be our first formal legal hire, providing the opportunity to the successful applicant to shape the department and build the next stage of their career with us. Key legal skills will include commercial contract negotiation, data protection, financial services, regulatory and international experience. We are a fast moving and dedicated bunch. We value individuality, honesty, integrity, a go-get attitude, team spirit and a sense of humour.
- Work side by side with the commercial team in contract negotiations driving discussions to a close
- Advise on legal challenges, risks, and company policies
- Provision of legal advice to senior commercial management and various departments to inform on business and regulatory strategy
- Work closely with our data protection specialists
- Consult on a range of commercial agreements and create and maintain templates that comply with company policies and local law
- Work closely with external counsel on various matters
- Participate in any future fund raisings
Skills & Experience:
- English qualified solicitor, BA/BS/LLB degree or equivalent practical experience from a high quality firm
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- Experience (essential) in drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements e.g. distribution agreements, supply agreements, manufacturing agreements
- Experience (desirable) in intellectual property, regulatory compliance and risk management
- Knowledge of the the financial services industry advantageous
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to deliver a high volume of quality work
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Salary - £45k + depending on experience.
Candidates should apply to email@example.com with a short cover letter describing why they're interested in the role, and attaching a CV and an outline of salary expectations.