Head of Legal
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Fast Growth Organisation
A challenging and well rewarded commercial In-house role with equity in a fast moving data company.
Kubrick Group need an aspiring head of legal to oversee our commercial risk and legal frameworks initially leading to potential M&A and global expansion activity for the Group.
Kubrick is a fast growth technology services business helping some of the world’s biggest organisations leverage data and AI to make an impact. We have doubled our revenues in each of the last two years and are now investing heavily in the business and entering an accelerated period of growth that includes international diversification and transactions.
This is an opportunity to work with a successful and differentiated company operating in the rapidly growing data and AI space, to make a significant impact in leading our legal team and potentially helping guide the business through a transformative event over the coming years. If you have 4-8+ years PQE and are looking for an exciting in-house role quickly advancing to a leadership role we would love to hear from you.
Being an agile business, we are also able to offer very flexible working structures to the right candidate if that works for you.
In this role you will:
- Work with the senior business leaders of Kubrick gaining exposure to the inner workings of the organisation and provide counsel on all legal matters
- Own our commercial legal framework with all our current and future clients and provide client scoring processes so we may better select our clients (we are currently oversubscribed for our services by over 400%)
- Lead our client contracting, accurately and effectively drafting and negotiating master service agreement contracts, both on our own template and often on complex client template terms
- Be responsible for client experience during legal negotiations and client onboarding, dealing with very senior client representatives
- Run a contract re-negotiation project over approx. 12 months to ensure client contract compliance with the company’s risk framework including rate increase processes
- Build a compliance strategy in line Kubrick’s growth plans and look to digitise where possible
- Plan, initiate and oversee complete GDPR adaptation and compliance throughout the business
- Manage employment disputes.
- Manage Companies House returns and potentially perform company secretarial duties
What we need from you:
- Desire to quickly grow your career into a commercial role, helping make significant decisions that will shape the future of Kubrick Group
- Pragmatic approach with fast pace
- Great communication skills with the ability to present legal and commercial matters clearly
- Excellent relationship management skills
- The ability to influence and challenge where necessary
- Consistent delivery of high-quality work across a wide variety of projects
- Effective prioritisation
- The ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- An interest in the data industry is welcome but not necessary.
Who you are:
- 4-8 years PQE in either commercial or business law, ready for a new challenge to take on a more flexible, broader role in-house.
- Enterprising by nature and can hit the ground running on a wide range of work
- Someone who is comfortable drafting and negotiating complex contracts as well as dealing with in-house legal queries including employment law
- Ideally interested in or have experience with the GDPR.
We have had great success in offering very flexible working to help some of our employees to manage their work around their other commitments whist achieving a healthy work/life balance. Therefore, we would be equally happy to fill this role either on a full-time basis or in a flexible and/or part time structure.
What you’ll get from us:
- An opportunity to be part of a fast growth organisation in one of the most exciting sectors currently.
- An opportunity to own our risk framework and grow into a senior commercial position quickly. We back bright people!
- A collaborative, supportive working environment
- Excellent working flexibility if required
- A competitive salary, bonus and generous equity scheme dependent on experience and any part time structure agreed.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter to [email protected]