We are a fast-growing boutique law firm specialising in providing pragmatic employment legal advice. With offices in London and Bristol, we embrace flexible working and passionately believe in a work/life balance. We have a growing client base and are looking for a super-star Junior Associate to join our team.
Our mission & vision
Our mission is to ensure that all businesses and business-people have access to expert legal advice for a fair price. We believe that legal advice should be clear, pragmatic and that our lawyers should always recommend a “way forward”.
We strive to push the boundaries of quality of advice and value by harnessing tech and being process driven. We want to be market leaders in the use of process and client-side technology to optimise the client journey. We hire the most talented individuals on the market, with a diverse team made up of people from all backgrounds. Everything we do is focused on supporting our employees work towards our vision. We invest in business coaching for our lawyers so that they can understand their clients more than any other lawyers and can contribute to the growth of the firm.
Our core values
We believe in commitment (to our clients and colleagues) and honesty (in everything that we do). We believe in calm, clear thinking and bring practical in providing advice. Our business is centred around maintaining the quality of advice by harnessing the skill and experience of expert solicitors. We are creative and forward thinking in our approach, with everything focused towards offering as much value as possible to our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on more complex matters and lead client relationships, fast tracking your progression to Senior Associate. You will have access to business coaching and mentoring, systems and processes that will generate leads, continue your development with training in areas that you are interested in, benefit from quarterly planning and being part of a fast growing business.
You will advise on a mixed caseload of contentious and non-contentious matters, covering all areas of employment law. You will be advising on terminations, grievance/disciplinary issues, discrimination, employment contracts, restrictive covenants, Employment Tribunal claims, but you will be glad to hear it, no corporate support!
You will be a qualified solicitor with post-qualification experience gained either in private practice or in an in-house role. All candidates with demonstrable experience to fulfil the requirements of the role will be considered.
You will be part of a small team of expert employment lawyers, supported by our exceptional back office.
- Able to take ownership of matters, where appropriate, and support Senior Solicitors
- Strong legal skills, providing pragmatic advice and always a “way forward” for the client
- Significant knowledge of employment law and preferably, immigration law
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Engage with and convert prospective clients
- Excellent time management and flexibility to respond to urgent deadlines
- Assisting in firm marketing campaigns and events
- Be a positive and enthusiastic influence in the workplace
- Great Central London offices
- Flexible working
- £45,000-£60,000 gross salary (depending on experience) plus £10,000 discretionary bonus
- Superb employee engagement plan