Looking for an opportunity to cast your net even wider?
At Burges Salmon, you'll work at the forefront of your field while collaborating with colleagues who are experts in theirs. You'll have access to top-calibre clients, with real responsibility and ownership from day one, as you make an impact on a global scale.
Our working environment is professional yet progressive, where quality of work and quality of life go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative approach to how we do business is totally refreshing. It's what attracts some of the best legal minds in the industry and it's why our people love working here.
We are proud to have received an Investors in People - Platinum Accreditation and have recently been voted by our people as a RollOnFriday's ‘Firm of the Year to Work for 2023'.
And did you know our hybrid working model offers flexible working options too?
Our ‘Tier 1' corporate tax team, part of the Burges Salmon tax team, are renowned for delivering creative and effective solutions to our clients across a wide range of sectors. Our clients include large corporates and their shareholders, funds and financial institutions, real estate investors and developers, as well as Government and other public bodies.
Join us and you'll benefit from excellent opportunities to gain a wide range of skills and experience, with a varied workload. We have a strong reputation for providing clients with tax and structuring advice on inbound investments, financing transactions, fund investments, real estate transactions, corporate M&A and restructurings, and shareholder and investor taxation.
Key clients include:
Cooperative Group // The Crown Estate // First // Ministry of Defence // Virgin // Yeo Valley Group // YTL Hotels
What Others Say…
‘The team's main strengths are finding practical solutions to complex problems, and explaining the law in a way that is easy to understand. They are proactive and able to think creatively to find the best solution' (Legal 500, 2022).
- Building the Culture: Recognise your responsibility as a role model to play an active role in making Burges Salmon a great place to work. Help set the cultural tone, inspiring others through your actions. Support strategic proposals and help to embed change.
- Delivering Results: Achieve your personal objectives. Understand business plans and assist their delivery by focusing your contribution accordingly, to align with overall priorities and implementing strategies that support their delivery. Plan, control and resource matters effectively, delegating wherever possible/appropriate and monitor delivery, managing any issues arising on matters you have personal or Matter Executive responsibility for.
- Growing our People: Play an active role in the development of those you have responsibility for. Cement your standing as an ‘expert' in your chosen area / sector. Deepen technical know-how, commercial acumen and sector / market knowledge.
- Developing our Business: Make a meaningful contribution to efforts to develop new client relationships. Take a lead role in the firm's efforts to protect and enhance existing client relationships. Identify opportunities to lead CRM activities, build you own network and cross-refer work where appropriate.
What you'll need
- Relevant experience working on corporate tax matters
- Be a strong team player, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to manage a complex and varied workload effectively
- Be self-motivated and willing to learn
- Experience of leading others to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Experience of effective matter management and business development activities.
- Must be a SRA or Law Society of Scotland registered lawyer
Click here for a full overview of our brilliant reward package and find out more about the benefits of a legal career with Burges Salmon, here.
We're committed to finding the right person for this role and we're open to discussing flexible working, full time or part time working patterns.
It's important to us that our organisation represents the diverse community in which we operate and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities. As a Disability Confident employer we will provide a fully accessible recruitment process.
Get in touch!
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Victoria Lewton - 0117 307 6942 - for an informal and confidential conversation.
Are you ready to swim against the tide as a future industry leader? Are you ready to make a leap? Make a splash…
- Senior Associate - Role Description.pdf (150.46 KB)
- Interview Guidance - Senior Associates.pdf (492.37 KB)
- Firm Achievements 2021-2022.pdf (328.27 KB)
- Responsible Business performance highlights infographic 2022 v3.pdf (1.40 MB)