We are fresh, we are fearless, we are growing. Make the leap, make a splash.
Here at Burges Salmon, we bring new ideas and perspectives to everything we do, without ever compromising the quality of our work. Join us and you'll have every opportunity to fulfil your potential as you help shape our future – and we'll support you all the way.
Our working environment is professional yet progressive, where quality of work and quality of life go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative approach to how we do business is totally refreshing. It's what attracts some of the best legal minds in the industry and it's why our people love working here.
We are proud to have received an Investors in People - Platinum Accreditation and have recently been voted by our people as a RollOnFriday's ‘Firm of the Year to Work for 2023'.
And did you know our hybrid working model offers flexible working options too?
Our ‘Tier 1' corporate tax team, part of the Burges Salmon tax team, are renowned for delivering creative and effective solutions to our clients across a wide range of sectors. Our clients include large corporates and their shareholders, funds and financial institutions, real estate investors and developers, as well as Government and other public bodies.
Join us and you'll benefit from excellent opportunities to gain a wide range of skills and experience, with a varied workload. We have a strong reputation for providing clients with tax and structuring advice on inbound investments, financing transactions, fund investments, real estate transactions, corporate M&A and restructurings, and shareholder and investor taxation.
Key clients include:
Cooperative Group // The Crown Estate // First // Ministry of Defence // Virgin // Yeo Valley Group // YTL Hotels
What Others Say…
‘The team's main strengths are finding practical solutions to complex problems, and explaining the law in a way that is easy to understand. They are proactive and able to think creatively to find the best solution' (Legal 500, 2022).
At Burges Salmon, you will have a fair, transparent path to progression. To find out more click here to download our Career Guide for Lawyers.
- Building the Culture: You'll deliver service excellence on all client matters and participate in cultural initiatives that underpin life at the firm, making Burges Salon a great place to work.
- Delivering Results: Achieve your personal objectives and be aware of how to focus your contribution to support the firm's overall aims.
- Growing our People: Establish a strong skills foundation, proactively looking for opportunities to broaden your technical / client experience wherever possible, and bring your best to all that you do.
- Developing our Business: Assist efforts to develop new client relationships and enhance existing alliances.
What you'll need
- Relevant experience working on Corporate Tax transactions
- Be a strong team player, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to manage a complex and varied workload effectively
- Be self-motivated and willing to learn
- Must be a SRA or Law Society of Scotland registered lawyer
Click here for a full overview of our brilliant reward package and find out more about the benefits of a legal career with Burges Salmon, here.
We're committed to finding the right person for this role and we're open to discussing flexible working, full time or part time working patterns.
It's important to us that our organisation represents the diverse community in which we operate and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities. As a Disability Confident employer we will provide a fully accessible recruitment process.
Get in touch!
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Victoria Lewton - 0117 307 6942 - for an informal and confidential conversation.
Have we hooked you yet? Make a leap. Make a splash…
- Solicitor - Role Description.pdf (146.54 KB)
- Interview Guidance - Solicitors.pdf (481.37 KB)
- Firm Achievements 2021-2022.pdf (328.27 KB)
- Responsible Business performance highlights infographic 2022 v3.pdf (1.40 MB)