Who we are:
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
As a Capital Markets Lawyer you will provide legal advice and support to the UK Funding Circle Capital Markets team focusing on direct lending and structured financing funding solutions for loans originated through our platform, and securitisation.
- Advising on structuring, negotiation, drafting and execution of capital markets transactions relating to loans originated through our platform.
- Collaborating with other members of Funding Circle global legal team and Funding Circle business teams.
- Working closely with commercial teams on transactions.
- Instructing and managing outside counsel as needed; and providing general support driving strategic business initiatives, including development and deployment of new products, policies and solutions.
You should be a team player and keen to expand your existing skill set!
You’ve been there and done this…
- English (UK) law qualified with 3 - 5 years PQE in structured finance and/or capital markets (or equivalent). Experience in leveraged finance and/or funds also considered.
- Beginning-to-end expertise in complex structured finance transactions and/or securitisation, including drafting and review of all related documentation.
- Good knowledge of regulatory issues relating to financing, securitisation and/or direct lending, including AIFMD, MIFID, the Securitisation Regulation (including STS and risk retention), and disclosure (you know your way around MAR).
- Proven ability building trusted, client-facing professional relationships while maintaining independence.
- Self-sufficient with strong communication skills mean you have made a seamless transition to remote working.
- Adaptable – you thrive in a frequently changing environment.
- Practical – able to think commercially in relation to legal issues and apply “black letter” law to come up with real-life solutions.
- Mentally agile – able to think around the issues and adjust your strategic approach.
- People person – you have strong interpersonal skills and are able to build relationships and consensus with differing personality types.
- Proactive – able to prioritise and execute and manage your time appropriately.
It would be great if you’ve also got...
- European language skills, in particular Dutch, German or Spanish.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.