Griffiths & Partners - Barrister
Griffiths & Partners is the leading litigation firm in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
The Turks and Caicos Islands are a British Overseas Territory around 580 miles south-east of Miami, Florida.
We looking to recruit a lawyer to join our busy litigation team as soon as possible. The vacancy would ideally suit a barrister of 5 to 7 years’ call (candidates must have been in practice for at least 5 years to be eligible for admission as attorneys in Turks and Caicos).
- Appearing in all Courts and Tribunals
- Able to conduct their own litigation casework
- Assisting senior attorneys both in civil and commercial litigation
- Drafting of pleadings, witness statements and other documents
- Obtaining, compiling and analysing records for discovery including incoming discovery documents.
- Pre-trial preparation and other case management assistance.
- 5+ years experience in litigation practice with significant advocacy experience.
- Experience in a variety of work (including civil litigation, public law work, employment law, and personal injury etc)
- Must be proactive and able to work both independently and with a professional team.
- Candidates must have a law degree or equivalent from a leading university
- Must have relevant professional qualifications and eligible for admission as a Turks and Caicos Islands attorney.
- Computer proficiency with office software including MS Office.
Terms of Employment
Griffiths & Partners offer very competitive remuneration for this role.
Closing date for application is 31st October 2020
Apply with Curriculum Vitae by email to: [email protected]