Job Title: Associate (Legal Solutions)
We are seeking a number of Associates to join Freshfields in our Legal Solutions Hub at our Manchester-based Global Centre; The Legal Solution Hub offers a chance to embed the latest legal technology and AI at the heart of our legal delivery service, enabling innovative solutions.
Our Associates will offer expertise in the following principle areas:
• Contentious and investigatory
ABOUT THE LEGAL SOLUTIONS HUB
The Legal Solutions Hub sits as a strategic part of the Global Centre in Manchester and as part of a global Legal Solutions network. Responsible for delivering high value, high quality legal solutions to the firm and our clients.
Our services are delivered in a way which supports the global nature of our firm and our clients, enables our fee earners to deliver exceptional service to our clients and to do that in a way which is efficient and effective.
The Legal Solution Hub offers a chance to embed the latest legal technology and AI at the heart of our legal delivery service, enabling innovative solutions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
The role of the Associate will be to ensure the quality, efficiency and delivery of output from the Legal Solutions Hub to our partners, fee-earners and clients. Using your experience and knowledge within your core area of expertise, you will supervise, train and mentor more junior members of the team to deliver service excellence to the firm. This role will enable you to understand our legal technologies and how they can be utilised not only in their current form but also to identify opportunities for innovation and development. You will work closely with the Quality Assurance, Innovation and Continuous Improvements teams as well as Fee-Earners around the firm to ensure an efficient and high quality delivery of legal solutions.
• Determines the scope of work with the partner/senior associate/client within your core area through the application of project management, determining the method of delivery and use of technology to agree service output;
• Utilises and adapts technology and innovates to enhance the offering to our clients and candidates through collaboration with our specialist legal technology and innovation teams on particular client projects and more generally in creating and delivering solutions for the firm;
• Engages directly with clients in order to produce solutions which deliver exceptional quality and utilise legal technology;
• Establishes effective relationships with partners and clients by displaying a solid understanding of their current and future needs and identifying opportunities for service delivery through promotion of the legal solutions hub;
• Reviews and analyses the output from the Legal Solutions Assistants to ensure a high level of service delivery and quality of the product;
• Participates in training sessions and team meetings within core area practice groups and Quality Assurance team and delivers training within the Legal Solutions Hub;
• Completes due diligence and other exercises in Global Transactions;
• Drafts corporate, finance and other complex legal documents succinctly and to a high quality standard;
• Conducts fact finding and analysis in large scale investigations;
• Assists with other litigation tasks such as preparation of pleadings, chronologies etc.
• Intellectually strong, with a top class academic profile;
• Qualified lawyer, likely to have at least 2 years post qualification experience;
• A strong technical and commercial background, with the ability to apply this to the needs of the firm’s clients through the services delivered by the legal solutions hub;
• Actively demonstrated involvement in leading business development activity and innovation;
• Management and delivery of projects working across multiple teams and disciplines;
• Ability to advise and influence key stakeholders including partners and the firm’s clients;
• A positive role model and team player who actively shares knowledge and contributes to the development of the legal solutions hub.
To apply email: email@example.com