Sinclair Gibson is recruiting for its thriving London based non-contentious private client department, with a broad practice advising a range of clients on tax, trust and estate planning focusing on the following specialist areas:
- Lifetime estate planning and succession
- Post death tax planning
- Tax planning and trust advice for landed estates
- Tax planning for resident and non-resident non-domiciliaries
- Trust establishment and taxation
Embedded within the private client team is a family office services group which specialises in:
- Probate and estate administration
- Trust administration
- Taxation compliance and accounting services.
The department is highly regarded by individuals, professionals and the principal legal directories Chambers (https://chambers.com/law-firm/sinclair-gibson-llp-high-net-worth-21:69940) and Legal 500 https://www.legal500.com/firms/241-sinclair-gibson-llp/535-london-england/)
The successful candidate will ideally be 18 months to six years PQE with experience of non-contentious private client work and a solid academic background. Having a STEP qualification is desirable though not essential. The candidate must have good communication skills and should have a strong desire to develop their practice and technical expertise through collaborative working with the entire private client team, from partners to trainees, and with the wider firm.
- Providing practical and commercial legal advice to clients in a clear and succinct manner.
- Managing a varied workload efficiently and cost effectively with supervision, appropriate to level of expertise.
- Drafting often complex documents, making use of appropriate precedents but tailoring to the specific needs of the client.
- Engaging in legal research where appropriate for partners and/or clients directly.
- Where appropriate, delegating, co-ordinating and supervising the work of more junior members of the team.
- Actively participating in client marketing opportunities such as client seminars, presentations and pitches.
- Contributing to group knowledge and know-how initiatives.
Competitive, fixed plus discretionary annual bonus. Standard benefits include private medical, life insurance, PHI cover, enhanced pension contribution, increased annual leave allowance service reward.
To apply for the role candidates are requested to please email [email protected] with a covering letter/email and a copy of their CV. The closing date for applications is 17 December 2021.