The lawyer accused by a judge of looking like "something out of Harry Potter" is to appear before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
Alan Blacker or, to give him his preferred title, Dr The Right Honourable The Lord Harley of Counsel of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem, burst onto the scene in March when he appeared in court with a chest full of medals and ribbons and lush flowing hair. A scandalised (read: jealous) judge took umbrage at Blacker's majesty and the two duelled with wands of words, words such as "impertinent" and "Do I make myself clear?"
|Not pictured: sweet medals
When it reached the press everyone found Blacker's LinkedIn page, which only swelled the ranks of his fan club because he said on it:
- he had written 'Boiler testing under the new code of practice - life made easy'
- also 'Hauling Trailers, the law made simple'
- oh and 'All you wanted to know about medals but were too afraid to ask'
- is fluent in, amongst others, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi and Gujarati
- he is the "Mozart of the courtroom"
- and is "almost a national treasure" (he can delete the 'almost')
Instead of giving him another medal, the SDT has called Blacker to appear for a case management meeting on 4 November in relation to as-yet-unknown charges brought by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. It is not known whether Blacker will arrive in the siege machine he says he invented called The Hedgehog.