RoF like it’s 2000

Hi I’m an electricity lawyer! At Camerons we have the largest listed energy utility practice in our post code!

Wow. Have you seen Olswang’s offices? They have Sky TV in reception!

Asturias Es Mi Patria17 May 23 17:19

Reply | 

I hope the training partner doesn’t work out how well i know his niece

First week of jan 2020 had to tell the supervising partner i worked for i was now seeing his daughter and i needed a new supervising partner

In 2000 I was still trying to decide whether I really wanted to go to law school, and also was probably relieved that the millennium bug turned out to mostly be a nothingburger ...

Jellymonster

Going to go to a strip club with the female trainees, because it's actually quite sophisticated and definitely not sleazy.

-----------------------------

Um... now actually a little worried that I've got a split personality and the other one posts here without me knowing.

You did that too, Jelly? 

Fistbump.

The internet was something my brother had at Cambridge. You mean I can ask Jeeves anything from an Easy internet cafe. Don't be daft. I'll stick with my portable typewriter thanks. I loved that typewriter. My typed letters airmailed to distant places. Correspondence in Esperanto with a girl from Siberia. A racy Australian. 

I remember rotating into a litigation seat.

head of group was meant to be doing the first leg of the induction.  However, he'd been splshed all over the weekend papers for taking a journo to the rhinos.

when he eventually arrived later that day, he began his talk "sorry I'm late, as you can inagine, I've had a fooking shyt weekend"

one wit remarked "sounded pretty good to me dave!"

everybody cheered

Have you tried using something called Google, instead of Lycos or Ask Jeeves, to search for something on the inter-web?

It’s really cool, as it has no advertising at all on their home page.

It's so nice history has ended and the west is nice and peaceful and you can jump on a flight really easily and the boom times are here and football is competitive and jonny Wilkinson is good at kicking and these Harry potter books are good. It will never end

the idea was to ROF in the style of ROF in 2000

not just to say things you might have said in 2000

the single most famous ROF post from that era was MY COCK IS ON FIRE!!!

I'm doing a poll of the hottest trainees in the City. Pleaser nominate your favourites here, identifying them by their real names and the firms they work for and gratuitous physical descriptions. This is gonna be great!