Situation as follows.
- First-time buyer.
- Married, no kids, renting in London.
- ~£50k for deposit.
- Very possibly leaving the country to live overseas (far lower tax jurisdiction) next year. Would stay abroad for at least 2 years and more likely for 5+
- Were planning to buy in burbs before overseas move became realistic prospect.
(1) buy in burbs and hope we can rent it out for enough to cover mortgage.
(2) Buy flat in best bit of London we can afford and rent that out while we are away.
(3) Keep the cash for now and keep saving so when we do come back to UK we have a hopefully far bigger wedge (would expect to be able to have savings of at least £100k in 5 more years)?
Shower me with your opinions.