Parliament votes to stop Boris from proroguing it by 315-274

One more step on the road to cancelling brexit m8s

I don't agree with that (although it at least has the advantage of being internally consistent). There is a very real weight for those MPs who stood for election on a manifesto that they then failed to uphold, as they will have to justify themselves to their constituencies at the next election. That might be a greater or a lesser concern, obviously, depending on how Eurosceptic their constituencies are, but it's still likely to be a difficult point for them that their opponents will exploit. 

Spotty Lizard18 Jul 19 19:23

| DM

How's that, then? Do MPs have an equivalent of a medical exemption certificate or something?

are u going to allow me the same joke?

no, they are politicians, by definition they do not have morals

but flippancy aside, I appreciate u think u have highlighted a contradiction and like the over-excited junior who has just read the template notes, u r eagerly awaiting ur opportunity to lance in with ur zinger

sadly for u, I am bored of this, so let’s just leave it with what we both know: 

the point is simple, MPs are bound by some moral obligations and not by others, so by pointing out there is no moral weight upon them vis-a-vis brexit I am quite clearly not saying (other than as a poorly timed joke which flew over ur head about politicians) that they are free from all moral considerations

a perfectly normal human being18 Jul 19 20:19

| DM

The big question should be: what the hell were 274 MPs doing voting against this motion?

being tozzas and the northern irish taliban, what did u expect?

Delphi. Being rude and dismissive of others' arguments only has a chance of working when one's own position is well-reasoned and put forward coherently and cogently. Which your has not been so far. 

Some disconnected observations:

1  Proroguing Parliament in these circumstances sounds a lot like why we had a civil war in the 17th century.  Also in the period leading to the accession Parliament definitely took matters into its own hands - Bill of Rights etc.

2  A successful prorogue to exit without a deal looks a lot like a coup d'etat.

3 Yes once more step towards no Brexit - where do I push?

4 Ian Dunt ( politics.co.uk) is worth a read on Brexit - he does not believe in magic, unicorns, fairies or pixies.

5 What's anybody's height go to do with this?