Firm of the Year 2018 Survey
Top Stories 2016
Top Asia Stories 2016
Firm of the Year
Pass judgment on your firm and
take the RollOnFriday Firm of the Year 2018 survey
. 20 seconds of graft for a lifetime of satisfaction. If you're in-house, there's
a poll for you, too
Vote for the
Glamorous Solicitor of the Year 2017
Find a Job
With the market picking up, don't miss out on
for all the best vacancies from the World's leading law firms.
showcases the style, the beauty and the sophistication for which the legal profession is so rightly known.
Send Us Your News
Glamorous Solicitor 2016 - Round 1
16 December 2016
The hunt for the most Glamorous Solicitor of 2016 is
Each week RollOnFriday frames and mounts a portrait of a lawyer exhibiting superior style and presence. It may be his unconventional haircut. It may be her trout pout. It may simply be a devastating gaze to camera.
One thing it's not about is looks. All of the Glams could be ordinary, but instead they have cultivated (or declined to shave off) unique characteristics which raise them above the crowd. And thank goodness for that, because these heroic men and women are a bulwark against homogeneity in the profession.
RollOnFriday has whittled down the best of 2016 to the 17 most glamorous of the glamorous. Now it's up to you to pick your favourites and vote, as many times as you like. The five contenders with the lowest number of fans will be eliminated before Round 2 next week. The poll is
1. Pieter Joost Schaap, Capra Law, Netherlands
Pieter goes undercover, in 1934.
2. Arijana Petres, partner, Schoenherr, Croatia
Surely you don't need a job that badly, Arijana?
3. Martin Lewis, principal residential property
lawyer, Slater & Gordon
Martin also teaches geography at Grange Hill
4. Peter Fox, Else Solicitors
Mr Fox looks more like a badger
5. Laurent Lusinchi, patent attorney, Ladas & Parry, Los Angeles
Laurent took his rat everywhere
6. Kamar Khan, Solicitor, Taylor Knight and Wolff, via LinkedIn
Kamar asked the most beautiful person he knew to take his photo
7. Thomas Rozsa, Rozsa Law Group, California
Liberace is alive and well and practising in California
8. Graham Harvey, Director, Harvey Associates
You're a tiger, Graham. A tiger!
9. Mark W. Benjamin. Criminal lawyer. Minnesota
Mark practises law, air guitar and making America great again
10. James Cudmore, lawyer, MacLean law
James can also be found on Tinder
11. Charles Kellett, Criminal barrister, Drystone Chambers
Hannibal's disguise isn't fooling anyone
12. Gary Green, Sidkoff, Pincus & Green, Philadelphia
Sit down, shut up and listen to the Walrus
13. Geoffrey G Dellenbaugh, Counsel, McCormick, Paulding, & Huber, Connecticut
"I'll draft your lease, English"
14. Brian T. Casey, Partner. Locke Lord
Book Brian for table magic today!
15. Wiktor Buza, Senior solicitor, Moore Blatch
Someone in marketing had to crop round that hair
16. Ryabchenko Nukhimovna, partner, BIEL law firm, Moscow
"Rimmel Moscow. Get the Moscow look"
17. Andrew Mason, Barrister, Scotland
Andrew deals with volume claims
Feel free to enter your comments on the news story below, subject to our
terms and conditions.
Please note that comments are subject to moderation and so will not appear immediately.
Please keep it nice. Thanks.
Report as offensive
By a random look-up it seems Mr Khan's firm was closed down by the SRA at some point this year due to suspected dishonesty...
Weekly Email Update
To receive a weekly European email update, please login or register to RollOnFriday.